Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 Jimmy blowing transmission fluid out!

paul52
09-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Transmission fluid blows out the breather. Shifts EXTREMELY hard from 1st to 2nd gear. The tires actually squeal it is that hard shifting. Had trans. rebuilt and still have the same problem. SOMEBODY out there has had to have had a simialar problem. This is driving me nuts! Help!!!!!!

BlazerLT
09-09-2005, 10:19 PM
Take it back to the tranny shop.

You paid them to fix it, now have them fix it again.

Jimmy58
09-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Have your tranny guy check the accumulator spring under the valve body. If it is broken your tranny will shift super hard and bypassing fluild will over heat and boil over. Just my 2 pennies on this topic

dustyr
11-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I have the same problem. It started after we changed the Radiator, worked fine until then, now it got all kinds of probs, one being fluid coming out of dipstick when it gets hot - makes it look like your on fire - wife panics! Got to find a solution. Did you get yours fixed?

GT11
11-24-2005, 12:01 PM
On my Jimmy I have three cores in one radiator. One core cools the water/antifreeze, one cools the engine oil and one cools the transmission fluid. Could be one of the cores in the radiator might have a hole in it causing fluids to mix. Just my 2 cents. Hope this can help...

GT

Add your comment to this topic!