Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Vehicle immobiliser problem

SkyDragon
09-04-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the place to put this, and if it's not, I apologise in advance. Please tell me about any related websites that I may get help from. The reason I put it here is cause it says it's a "Ford" immobisation system.

I bought a used Honda Prelude and the vehicle immobilisation system has started acting up. Basically, the engine turns, but it doesn't start. However, for some reason, it does start sometimes in the evening. I decided to pull out the wires connected to the Immobiliser, and there were two boxes connected - both had Bosch marked on them, from 1993. Between the wires, there was a "Ford" relay-type thing - It was a small yellow cube connected between the wires of this immobiliser.

Taking this all out, the vehicle still refuses to start most of the time. The Prelude is a fuel-injection version (It's a 2.0L fuel injection petrol manual "K" reg) - I'm starting to get the sudden feeling there's a third box somewhere or in some form other than a box, but I've spent three days looking for it, and haven't found it, so dunno.

How would I be able to make the car start again? I want to completely get rid of this immobiliser and probably put a more modern one in. But getting someone else to do it would cost £££...

Any help would be appreciated.

Add your comment to this topic!