Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ah Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Aha Ha Hh Ah Ah Ah Ha Ha Ha

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 10:48 AM
HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAAAA...THIS (http://www.turbominivan.com/) KICKS ASS!!!

ZedEx
09-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Pfff... Hahahaha

That's great... Seriously.

-Wes

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 10:51 AM
Damn wes...that was probably the fastest reply I've EVER seen. lol

http://www.turbominivan.com/serious.htm

"In the April 2003 issue of Car and Driver, Pat Bedard has a great column about cars as self-expression. "It's spring. Do you know what you're gonna wear?" He refers to cars as costumes, then notes, "cars are the way we tell friends and strangers what to think of us." About halfway through the article appears the following paragraph:

If I could have any costume I wanted, for everyday getting-there wear, I'd choose a minivan. Those fearing they'll be seen in a minivan have it all wrong. Nobody will see you. Nobody will even look. Minivans are invisible. Nobody wants to see them. They shed witnesses like DuPont's SilverStone sheds bacon fat. Give me a light grey one, a little dusty, and I'll get down the road beneath all notice. Ever see a minivan pulled over by the speed squad? Of course not. Enforcers click on interesting cars, not appliances."

This just rules all. Maybe I'll get some old peesashit mini van for the winter...LOL...I have a used turbo layin around in storage RIGHT NOW...hmmm...

Oh...and sorry...I know this is off topic, but I felt it deserved it's own thread...it's so funny...

http://www.turbominivan.com/cool0001.jpg

I'm dyin...I'm laughing so hard...you guys HAVE to go through this site. Especially the "Stories" part...some funny shit.

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 11:21 AM
im pretty much speechless...

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 11:28 AM
LOL...no shit, dude! I'm still laughing! Come to find out, it's REALLY EASY to make a turbo minivan (I didn't even KNOW they made minivans with turbos from the factory!) run in the 13s! A few mods and a simple (YES...SIMPLE) turbo swap to a Garrett off another dodge car (daytona Turbo II, I think it said) will allow you to run...GET THIS...25-28 PSI ON STOCK INTERNALS!! HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

This (http://community-1.webtv.net/@HH!00!16!145B718E22FC/MR-2-2-TURBO/DUALINTERCOOLERS/) is interesting, too. It's amazing how many cars (even domestic ones) that used to be turboed...and were pretty serious cars, too. It still wasnt at ALL common, but I still find more and more cars that used to be made that came with turbos from the factory. That would rock...now it's just "bigger is better".

And I'm watching Horsepower TV on Spike TV right now. They just pulled the engine out of an LS1 Camaro. They took it out the BOTTOM of the car...WITH THE FRONT WHEELS STILL ATTACHED...that's bizarre...

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 11:31 AM
LOL...no shit, dude! I'm still laughing! Come to find out, it's REALLY EASY to make a turbo minivan (I didn't even KNOW they made minivans with turbos from the factory!) run in the 13s! A few mods and a simple (YES...SIMPLE) turbo swap to a Garrett off another dodge car (daytona Turbo II, I think it said) will allow you to run...GET THIS...25-28 PSI ON STOCK INTERNALS!! HAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

thats ridiculous...if i got beat by a minivan i would be a very pissed. there is no words to describe it.

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 11:34 AM
No joke. I'd PAY to see that. I haven't ventured to the "Videos" section of the page yet.

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 11:58 AM
No joke. I'd PAY to see that. I haven't ventured to the "Videos" section of the page yet.
i just watched a few of those videos. hilarious...minivans. awesome!

xXxRocker5150
09-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I have a minivan... :D

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 12:33 PM
They're not easy to find, though. Apparently, if the 8th digit in the VIN is a "J", then you're golden. But they were only made with these engines from 89-90. Found a few, though. Most of them for waaaaaay less than 2 grand and one (that I'm REALLY hoping is a turbo...no vin on the web page) that is right up the street from me. Seems like a sure thing for something to dick around in over the winter...AND have some fun with.

freakonaleash1187
09-04-2005, 02:08 PM
thats freaking crazy. thats one reason i dont race vans/suvs, first i dont want to waste my gas, second, if they DO beat me, hell no.

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 02:29 PM
lol. I'm gunna run by the dealer that's up the street from where I live and see that one van I found. It's less than 2 grand and if it's a turbo one, I've got my winter wheels/winter toy.

DeleriousZ
09-04-2005, 02:41 PM
HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's awesome

freakonaleash1187
09-04-2005, 04:46 PM
oh wow, if you get a turbo van, that would be so freaking awesome.

Yaggus
09-05-2005, 10:17 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh yeah, now that would be some fun right there....

longlivetheZ
09-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I gotta find one. They're not too easy to find. I guess they were kinda rare-ish. I want one. It'd be reasonably good in the snow cuz it's front wheel drive and I can put as much shit as I want in the back for weight AND it'd be fun to play with...just a little, though...can't let it take funds away from the Z engine...

rizzspeed
09-08-2005, 03:32 AM
interesting idea but...

umm.....no.

DeleriousZ
09-08-2005, 07:15 PM
haha why not rizz?

longlivetheZ
09-08-2005, 07:21 PM
It would kick ass...

It'd be fun...ANYTHING with a turbo can be fun...

It'd be decent in the snow...FWD and a huge cargo area to put whatever I want to for added weight...

It's CHEAP! Most expensive one I found was...like...3 grand...if that...I don't even remember...

rizzspeed
09-08-2005, 07:36 PM
haha why not rizz?

definitely not for me.

longlivetheZ
09-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh...another perk I forgot to put on here in the last post is that it will be WAY cheap on insurance, too.

freakonaleash1187
09-09-2005, 02:54 PM
very true, what insurance company would think that you are going to drive a van fast, lol.

longlivetheZ
09-09-2005, 03:01 PM
No joke. I was searching a bit for one a while back and found one right up the street but I didn't know if it was a turbo or not. Called them today and it WAS A TURBO! BUT THE BASTARDS SOLD IT! DAMMIT! OOOOooooo I'm mad now...it was LITERALLY 5 min from my house...

DeleriousZ
09-09-2005, 07:55 PM
damn man that sucks... should have gotten on it sooner!!

k3smostwanted
09-10-2005, 09:01 AM
i find it funny how excited you guys are getting over a mini van with a turbo...

the whole idea, is fun for a little while but at the end of the day...its just a mini van. :lol:

freakonaleash1187
09-10-2005, 09:20 AM
i agree, it is an awesome idea, i would have fun with it for like a month, but then it would probably get old.

longlivetheZ
09-10-2005, 12:32 PM
It won't change THAT much. It'll always have a turbo, it'll always be cheap on ins, it'll always get decent gas mileage and it'll always be better in snow and all than the Z is...what's gunna change? Yea, it'll always be a van, too, but still...it'll ALWAYS be funny when I beat up on a sunfire or cavalier or something like that.

DeleriousZ
09-10-2005, 02:01 PM
yeah, it'll be even funner when you leave a camaro eating the stray grocery bags flying out of your windows... i've come to the conclusion that my 88 wouldn't do too well in the snow... it's bad enough driving it around on rainy days... good thing i still have my 86 :D

longlivetheZ
09-10-2005, 04:13 PM
It doesn't even matter, man...I had to drive my 86T home from work in some heavy snow once. I drove the majority of the way home sideways...and I wasn't even driving fast...even though I had a good 200lbs of wood in my hatch area for traction. Don't even TRY to drive EITHER of them in the snow, man...they are SO bad. They might be survivable if you got a set of the best snow tires on earth...

If/when I get a turbovan, I'm not going to mod it too much...just a bit to have fun with. I don't want to divert funds from the Engine...that's the priority.

freakonaleash1187
09-10-2005, 05:09 PM
If/when I get a turbovan, I'm not going to mod it too much...just a bit to have fun with. I don't want to divert funds from the Engine...that's the priority.

woohoo, you arent pulling a wes. :iceslolan

DeleriousZ
09-10-2005, 05:16 PM
i drove my 86 all last winter and it did pretty well with a good set of winter tires on it... should be the same way this winter... only we get less snow here than where i was last winter... so it should be ok as long as i don't try to take her up to the local ski hill... miles upon miles of snow covered switchbacks :D

k3smostwanted
09-11-2005, 04:49 AM
i drove my 86 all last winter and it did pretty well with a good set of winter tires on it... should be the same way this winter... only we get less snow here than where i was last winter... so it should be ok as long as i don't try to take her up to the local ski hill... miles upon miles of snow covered switchbacks :D

friggin canadians and there ski slopes...:lol:

my 86 N/A does fine in snow with a set of Goodyear Snow tires on the back. i was quite suprised...

my Z32...i cant even back it out of the garage when there is less than 1 inch of snow.

Yaggus
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
... and I have never even seen snow before :icon16:

freakonaleash1187
09-11-2005, 10:28 AM
i have driven in snow once with my car, never want to do it again. i was going sideways all the way down the road. and almost got stuck on like a 1 degree incline.

longlivetheZ
09-11-2005, 12:33 PM
I HATE driving in snow. Snow blows nut. In fact, I hate LIVING where it snows. It just fucks EVERYTHING up. Such a pain in the ass. My 86T was down right scary in the snow. Hell...before I got new tires, it was scary in the RAIN. I really don't want to drive my Z this winter.

xXxRocker5150
09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
Yeap, I'm garaging my z this winter for the most part... I might take it out if the roads are clear of snow and if they don't have too much salt in em'.

longlivetheZ
09-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Only prob about getting a turbovan: can't do doughnuts in the snow...that sucks...

DeleriousZ
09-12-2005, 07:11 PM
meh, that's what an ebrake's for :p

longlivetheZ
09-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Lol...I like to keep cars "shiny side up"...

freakonaleash1187
09-12-2005, 09:13 PM
mmmm, ive had some good times in the snow with my beater car and its e-brake. haha.

longlivetheZ
09-13-2005, 02:38 PM
E-brake's fun. I would just get a bit worried about getting crazy in a minivan...don't wanna end up up-side down.

DeleriousZ
09-13-2005, 07:27 PM
that's what the 300 lbs of sand in the back is for... either that or lower the minivan:sunglasse

longlivetheZ
09-14-2005, 03:07 PM
No joke. I saw a page on that site that dude lowered his van. It was interesting but he said he undid it cuz it made the spring rates all unstable and stuff and it was kinda un-nerving.

Add your comment to this topic!