Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 car VS 1 car

fairladyz_gt-r
09-04-2005, 09:51 AM
What would u guys choose? a mid size truck & a track car or a lux sport car that work as both daily driver and track car?

Zachp911
09-04-2005, 10:01 AM
a car that works for both a daily driver and a track car, because of gas purposes.

SuperHighOutput
09-04-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm going with the one car, I don't really need a truck seeing as I have a company one.

NISSANSPDR
09-04-2005, 02:17 PM
2 Cars since if one breaks down, you got the other. The track car wont see action but only on track days so you save there on tires, gas, etc. The truck will be the work horse.

Igovert500
09-04-2005, 04:26 PM
2 cars, a nice sports/track car that you can work on

AND

a cheap beat-up 4 cylinder that gets 40mpg.

potsdamcartel
09-04-2005, 06:32 PM
exactly as igovert stated.
i would get a nice track car and a gas sipping daily driver.

DinanM3_S2
09-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Well... I picked one luxo/sports car that works as both...

NISSANSPDR
09-05-2005, 02:26 AM
Well... I picked one luxo/sports car that works as both...

First off, not everyone can afford an E46 M3.

Second, you're M3 doesnt get good gas mileage and by good I mean by better than 30 mpg average...so it doesnt DO a good job of being daily driver.

Sure it's comfortable and one of the best M branch cars made lately, but it's expensive, expensive to maintain & fix, and not easy on the gas.

DinanM3_S2
09-05-2005, 05:54 PM
First off, not everyone can afford an E46 M3.

Second, you're M3 doesnt get good gas mileage and by good I mean by better than 30 mpg average...so it doesnt DO a good job of being daily driver.

Sure it's comfortable and one of the best M branch cars made lately, but it's expensive, expensive to maintain & fix, and not easy on the gas.

First off, there was no mention of price in this peticular comparo, and even if there was, the same concept would apply to my price bracket as it would for anyone elses. For the price of my M3 + the work I've put into it, I could have bought a Lotus Elise and a Ford F150. Same idea as choosing between something like a 240sx/Ranger v. Camaro or a Noble M12/F250 v. Porsche 911.

Second of all, fuel economy alone doesn't necessarily decide if a car is a good daily driver. For me, the combination of the comfort of the 3-series and the automatic modes of SMG make the M3 the ideal daily driver. A daily driver doesn't necessarily have to be boring.

Third, yes it is a comparatively expensive car, but it is far from an unreliable car. I've had very few problems at all with the car, and all of them were covered by BMW's incredible warranty.

The comparison asked us to choose between "a mid size truck & a track car or a lux sport car that work as both daily driver and track car?" Last time I checked, the BMW M3 not only fits the definition of a lux sport car, but it in fact is the definition of a luxo sports car.

"Smooth six-cylinder power, exemplary ergonomics, silky-smooth shifting, supple ride quality, eager responses, superb seats, and proportions that never look out of date. No loose skin on this baby. No flab, no excess, no nonsense." (C&D)

Don't try to tell me that the car I've been driving for over three years is a bad daily driver/track car, because thats exactly how I've been using it.

fatninja19
09-11-2005, 01:49 AM
2 cars for me for sure.. My commute is pretty long(to me anyways), usually averaging 60 miles a day(which doesn't even include going out). Having another car definitely gives me a piece of mind when I'm out beating on one of the cars. Plus, this helps you save some money on insurance too!(assuming you have one car under full coverage, and the other with liability only)

Ace$nyper
09-15-2005, 03:26 PM
a car that works for both a daily driver and a track car, because of gas purposes.
that doesn't work well they wind up lacking on both.

No such thing as a good jack of all trades.

CBFryman
09-15-2005, 03:44 PM
i beg to differ... cars such as the M3 have the comfert and grace factor and the speed and handleing factor... they may notget you more than 200miles on 10gal of gas but they are nice cars.

However, personally id like to have a track car but i am 16 driving a truck, i like driving my truck, it is comfertable, i can haul shit, i can go somewhere that isnt paved, i can only car 2 passengers one of which has to be a girl (i refuse to shift between the legs of another guy...its just wrong) so i dont have to worry about friends asking for me to haul them around, and it gets decent MPG for my income and the ammount of driving i do. insurance is GREAT and cops dont exaclty keep a keen eye on a B3000... lifted at that...so a few mph over the limit is nothing to worry about.
it looks good and is one of the most reliable light to mid sized trucks made.
Id like to have a little, light coupe or hatch to autoX with but and just carry PIP on it to drive it to the races. but i cant afford it and continue with online classes and sports.
but if i could i would instead of having a comprimise.

Ace$nyper
09-15-2005, 05:44 PM
i beg to differ... cars such as the M3 have the comfert and grace factor and the speed and handleing factor... they may notget you more than 200miles on 10gal of gas but they are nice cars.

However, personally id like to have a track car but i am 16 driving a truck, i like driving my truck, it is comfertable, i can haul shit, i can go somewhere that isnt paved, i can only car 2 passengers one of which has to be a girl (i refuse to shift between the legs of another guy...its just wrong) so i dont have to worry about friends asking for me to haul them around, and it gets decent MPG for my income and the ammount of driving i do. insurance is GREAT and cops dont exaclty keep a keen eye on a B3000... lifted at that...so a few mph over the limit is nothing to worry about.
it looks good and is one of the most reliable light to mid sized trucks made.
Id like to have a little, light coupe or hatch to autoX with but and just carry PIP on it to drive it to the races. but i cant afford it and continue with online classes and sports.
but if i could i would instead of having a comprimise.
as nice as an m3 is you'll get whooped by a gutted mitia with work and compared to a E class your back is sore. Still great car i'd love to have one day.

nothing is wrong with a car like that though just adding my thoughts having tryed this myself my hatch is now a track whore pretty much with my jeep as a daily. I can drive my hatch everyday if i want and i'm guessing i could autoX with my jeep. Neither would do as well as the other for said events.

For a long time I had only my hatch its loud begs to to go the redline its bright ticket me red ride is rough but I dealt now I have both.

Add your comment to this topic!