Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Another FC Sketch (This time better!)

Aerowitz
09-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Well, here you go. Please forget about the background. I know the road is waaaaa~y too narrow. I was concentrating more on the cars than the surrounding chaff.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/278143Initial_D_small-med.jpg

Unfortunately, the original file was about 800kb WITH compression, so I had to reduce the size. It originally took up a whole page.

I'm pretty sure I got the perspective better, but the back end of the FC always eludes me. The rear fenders are WIDE, not flush with the body, and I always forget that. I really need to get a model or something to work with...

The FC is a BITCH to draw with all those angles! The Evo III wasn't hard. I was just pissed off having to put in all those hatch marks in for the front grille. The center support for the rear wing looks a bit off, but I don't think it's too distracting.

Tell me what you think. I can only get better. :)

97_sho
09-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Please forget about the background. I know the road is waaaaa~y too narrow. I was concentrating more on the cars than the surrounding chaff.
forget about the background are you stupid (no offence) but thats awsome

MBTN
09-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Better... Yes the FC is a pain to draw. I've done over 5 drawings of it and I never did get it right.

Whumbachumba
09-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Looks good. Better than I can do.

I was thinking when I saw your other one though. Draw the top view of the car, so you are looking straight down on it. Then, rotate the drawing to the angle you wish to look at the car from. Once you get that angle, tape the paper down with light adhesive tape, such as drafters tape.

Then get a piece of tracing paper and line it up like this.
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8863/paper3mz.jpg

Then, lightly draw line perpendicular to the bottom of the tracing paper, connecting to the main points of the body, such as roof line and bumper edges.

This will give you a basis on how the car should look from an angle, then you can fill in the rest of the details. Such as windshield slope, height of roof, wheels, and all that jazz.

Hope this helps.

knightvision
09-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Yeah it's ways better this time!

Very good job on the evo, the lower windshield section, where the whipers are, is a bit too high..
In my eyes.

The sourrounding somehow reminds me of an old computer game... called "Stunts"

I'd like to see more of your work.

Jeep_Rubicon
09-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Looks cool, great work.

stuffbyalex
09-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Cool. I like the cartoony style of it. the hood scoop on the mazda is a little off center.

Alex

MBTN
09-06-2005, 11:53 PM
That's because that's how it is in real life ;)

nicecar
09-07-2005, 12:09 PM
COOL!!!!!

-chris

BTW - do you know the chassis number for the evo IX?

you seem to know the others (FD3S)

Aerowitz
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
The EVO IX is [CT9A], as it uses the same chassis from the EVO VII/VIII.

nicecar
09-09-2005, 01:35 PM
thx

KustmAce
09-09-2005, 10:16 PM
You can just say the one on the right smacked the wall and crunched the rear end.

MBTN
09-09-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm mostly happy because the rotary is ahead of some piston motor ;) That crap belongs in brake calipers anyway.

Aerowitz
09-09-2005, 11:11 PM
Amen to that. Rotaries need love too!

Add your comment to this topic!