Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Helpppppppppp!

ShelleyLemmond
09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
HI, I am so frustrated, hope someone can help me. Does anyone know where the fuse is located to the air conditioner blower on a "77" Ford F-150 Ranger XLT? :confused: It says in my owners manual that it's located by the starter motor relay. Where would that be? I'm hoping thats the trouble coz I have tried the heater also and it doesn't work either, not that I want the heater right now but could really use the air conditioner right now. Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thank you :smile:

mrfixit64857
09-05-2005, 07:18 PM
your starter motor relay is on the right fenderwell, most likely. nest to the battery. looks like a little brown plastic thingy about the size of a spray can cap with two large lugs coming out of it (on opposite sides) and two smaller terminals facing forward, assuming the bracket is the back of the unit, lol. anyway, it iw where your positive battery cable makes its first stop, if that helps.
however... the blower motor is that coffee-can lookin thing sticking out of the plastic box there on the passenger side engine compartment... take the connector loose and test the motor directly with jumpers (black is ground!)

ShelleyLemmond
09-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Thank you so much, I looked and there it was,,,,,,lol. I do have one more question :rolleyes: , if it isn't the fuse not making the blower blow, do you have any suggestions as to what else it may be? Desperately seeking cool air :p Thanks again for your help :smile:

mrfixit64857
09-09-2005, 05:33 PM
Did you try a direct connection to the blower motor to make sure the motor itself is working?
get a couple of "jumper leads" (wires with alligator clips at each end) and try a hot connenction directly to the battery. if it blows air, then it gets a little more complicated. Does the blower work on HIGH? if so, it is the resistor that is bad. It may just be the switch; they are prone to failure, especially in high humidity environments. mine corroded to pieces.

Add your comment to this topic!