Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I ordered my Aerio SX

Weeves
05-08-2002, 04:49 PM
Just a couple weeks ago I finalized my purchase for a 2002 silver Suzuki Aerio SX Fastback.

I can't wait till it comes, only 12 more days until I can pick it up from my local Suzuki dealer! I'll be sure to have pictures when I get it.

ma-bo-
05-10-2002, 03:51 AM
yeah, me too. I ordered a black SX a couple weeks ago. they told me the 16th. 6 more days. can't wait.

Jmmg
05-10-2002, 10:08 AM
:( I live in Calgary(Canada), and when I walked in the local Suzuki deallership to order my Aerio SX, the saleman told me it will be two weeks away for me tom pick up my car, now its almost 6 weeks and I call tjem yesterday and hthey said it will be another two weeks to three weeks, because the only shipment of the Aerio is still on the boat from Japan...!:( I love that car but just can not believe they wanted my money so quick and now I have to wait and wait:( Where are you guys from and how lond do you have to wait?

Weeves
05-10-2002, 04:01 PM
The dealership manager took my $500 deposit about 3 weeks ago and promised our Fastback will be coming any time from then till May 20th. He said everyone in Winnipeg will be getting their Aerios at the same time once the shipment comes in. It sucks cause theres only ONE Suzuki dealer in the entire city.

If the waiting period is any longer, I'm reconsidering my choice. I might go buy the new 2003 Corolla S.

Ontario residents are lucky. They have tons of Suzuki dealers stocked with Aerios they can't even get rid of. They gotta share the wealth!! :D

Only 10 more days till the 20th! woohoo :lol2:

petrol88
05-13-2002, 01:52 AM
Aww yeah. Silky Silver. :D I just bought my SX here in Texas...one of the first around here...VERY few around says the dealer, and I havent seen one at all on the streets, except the loaner I borrowed to "test" the car before I bought one. After the install of the carbon fiber dash trim kit, and the center spoiler (has to be painted before its installed) it should be ready for pickup on Wednesday. :D

TEST RESULTS:

I have this base model sedan to drive to test the car before I bought mine (its the only 5-speed they had at the time). Removing the intake hose, reveals a throttle body covered by a screen...designed to smooth airflow over the speed-density sensors. I left the screen in place, but the beauty of speed-density is that there is no mass-air sensor to block the pipes, so the car runs fine with the intake hose and airbox removed. The car revs very quick after this 3-minute FREE mod and runs a HELL OF A LOT better. I wouldnt, of course, leave the car without filter for anything more than the 2 minute test-drive I took...but the addition of a K&N style filter is a DEFINITE add-on. It sounds very cool too. I mean really....the performance wakes up big-time with this mod...give it a try. :D

I will post pics of mine as soon as I get it in the driveway. I went with the "Racy Red" color...

-Scott
Dallas, Texas

Weeves
05-13-2002, 04:10 PM
I'm gonna have to give that air-box removal trick a try when I get mine too.

Nice choice to go with the red. I was going to get a red SX but I figured red stands out too much (which isn't a bad thing).

Also, let me how the carbon fiber dash looks. I was thinking about getting it cause I seen it in the Suzuki assessories brochure but I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay the extra money.

petrol88
05-13-2002, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the color comment. Yeah, I wanted something different than silver (all my past cars have been silver for the most part)... The yellow makes it look "big" in my opinion, so the red was the only way for me to go. I will be sure and hook up with pics of the CF trim kit when its installed, and see if it looks nice, or if its a shite photolaminate over ABS plastic. :D

Laters,
Scott
:bandit:

Weeves
05-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Another colour that would've been nice, the dark blue!

I seen an SX Fastback in blue on the net and it looked good.
I'll try to find the pic...

petrol88
05-14-2002, 04:51 PM
Aww, I actually thought about that blue...but they didnt have one on the lot, and I couldnt find a pic ANYWHERE.... :( Oh well. Hehehe :finger:

Weeves
05-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Damn, I can't find the pic either. I remember seeing it when I collected all the links to the Aerio SX sedan pictures for ROCKINtheASTRO. Oh well, I'll post it when I come across it again.

Until then, check this link out;
http://www.r-sport.net/suzuki.htm

I kinda think the guys that made this site are a bunch of bull shitters but check it out and judge for yourself...

wenb
06-23-2002, 12:44 PM
conrats to you all on your new Aerios. Did you notice that AEM already has air intakes out for the Aerio.I assume you will want to enjoy your cars in stock form for awhile. But check out suzukisportusa.com for links. Enjoy your new rides

Weeves
06-28-2002, 01:30 PM
I'm gonna be waiting until the 3-year factory warrenty is up before I start "modifying" the engine, suspension, exhaust, and what not.

SuzukiSportUSA does have a lot of products available for the Aerio but in a way I'm unsure if buying from them would be safe.

I guess only time will tell if they're legit or not. Thanks for the suggestion anyway! :)

BornTexan
07-10-2003, 12:58 AM
I just got my 2003 Red Aerio Last week. It has the hatchback.. I don't really know to much about cars but I want to learn? Some of the things yall can do to your cars are illegal here in Tx. And Noone has them here?!?!? So I need yall to help me figure out whats first and where to go.. PLEASE HELP!

Add your comment to this topic!