Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rear Window on sport trac

snr8715
09-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a 2000 Sport Trac and the back window won't work at all, has anyone had a problem with thiers?

Partizan
09-02-2005, 11:22 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine, have you had any other electrical problems? I'd check the fuse.

snr8715
09-06-2005, 01:19 PM
yes, I checked all fuses and relays.

sparks.abp
07-27-2006, 09:35 PM
I have a 2000 Sport Trac and the back window won't work at all, has anyone had a problem with thiers?

I know this message is old, but thought I could still help someone in the future...

I have the same problem with a 2001 Sport Trac... nothing works. Using wiring diagrams, I verified the hot wire, the acc wire, and the switch wires, from the open, close, and vent switch (which, btw, and negative switched).

Talking to a few people, I found 2 others who had the same problem. And locating a used motor to replace it is near impossible, not to mention $130 and up for what I did find.

My solution?

2 - 12V DPDT relays from radio shack, 3A relays are fine, since the motor draws only about 1 amp. With a little knowledge of reversing circuits, it was simple to do.

First, remove the circuit board from your motor, a little desoldering braid does the trick. Desolder the 8 points from the wiring harness, and the 2 motor connections. Then solder 2 wires to the motor connections, and drill a hole in the case large enough for the wires to come out.

That's the hard part.

I don't have the vent function, but it was a simple solution, that cost $20 in materials, and allowed me to use the original switch.

Anyone needing the diagram can email me at

sparks.abp@gmail.com

Add your comment to this topic!