Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mercury Cougar LS 1991

JP2R
09-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Just found a car for sale - Mercury Cougar LS - 1991
Has just been sitting for some time - covered Oklahoma Red Clay -

has a sunroof - not my first priority in fixing - but wanted to know if anyone out there could advise me - what type of tools would I need to replace - not the sunroof - but the portion that - oh heck - what would you call that - you manual can slide it back and forth - to allow sun in - but not open the window - the fabric is all torn and droopy - and I thought I might go to a salvage and find a replacement part -

I found one - but I have to take it off myself - or they won't sell it to me - and if I don't know how to get it off - how am I going to replace the one I have (smile)

Any info would sure help me out a bunch

JP

peppermrj
09-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Just found a car for sale - Mercury Cougar LS - 1991
Has just been sitting for some time - covered Oklahoma Red Clay -

has a sunroof - not my first priority in fixing - but wanted to know if anyone out there could advise me - what type of tools would I need to replace - not the sunroof - but the portion that - oh heck - what would you call that - you manual can slide it back and forth - to allow sun in - but not open the window - the fabric is all torn and droopy - and I thought I might go to a salvage and find a replacement part -

I found one - but I have to take it off myself - or they won't sell it to me - and if I don't know how to get it off - how am I going to replace the one I have (smile)

Any info would sure help me out a bunch

JP
The sunshade is referenced in this repair guide. Power Sunroof (http://www1.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/14/f6/f1/0900823d8014f6f1.jsp) . :smokin:

Add your comment to this topic!