Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help for car system, nub here

blitzbeer911t
09-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Ok hey guys, i read some of the stickies, i seem to have an idea of what companies to look at and which ones to avoid. Now this is nub, but i have no idea as far as compatibility, will say panasonic speakers work with power acoustik? I'd like to know what companies are ideal for great sound, and good price. if you guys can point me to sites, or threads about wiring, positioning, just how the whole deal works it's be great, and maybe catch me up on some of the techy language heh :rolleyes:
thnx a whole bunch

bumpinstang77
09-02-2005, 01:05 AM
I don't quite understand what you mean by panasonic working with PA......PA what amps? other speakers? subs? ......... but it is okay to mix and match brands. I just wouldn't run two different models or brands on the same thing...... like 2 different subs..... its okay though to run different amps though to components and subs. As far as good components check out www.CDTAudio.com there about the best for entry line budget components. If you IM DJdilliodon on AIM he is a CDT authorized dealer and will sell you the comps for a great price. RE Audio (www.reaudio.com) has the RE component set, which is also a really good budget set. For subs look at RE, www.soundsplinter.com, www.incriminatoraudio.com, www.stereointegrity.com, www.adireaudio.com, www.ascendantaudoi.com, and some mainstream brands like Alpine, Diamond, Kicker, MTX, and treo engineering. With amplifiers you pretty much get what you pay for. You got some way overpriced brands like Audiobahn and JL Audio, and some really good priced ones that are still decent or good like hifonics and profile. Head units in order of best starting first...... Eclipse, Alpine, Panasonic, Pioneer, and Clarion. Well I guess you can research that and reply back with any other Q's.

blitzbeer911t
09-02-2005, 10:52 AM
OK, that information was quite helpful, yes i meant like mix one brand of amp, with another brand of subs. Neway, what i still have questions on is this : where exactly can they be mounted, and how, what exactly is a sealed and vented inclosure and what is best depending on sound output, and i read something about port too, just could use some more help, aoout after i buy stuff, where exactly it can go, and be hooked up, thnx

pimprolla112
09-02-2005, 07:55 PM
this should help a bit
http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm

As for the mounting and everything ive seen amps just mounted to the box, back of the rear seat, i put one under my rear deck so when it was on it would light up the sub.

PaulD
09-02-2005, 11:09 PM
sealed and vented enclosures are exactly what they sound like .... a sealed enclosure is a box with a speaker(s) that is completely sealed up. A vented box has a vent or port that has been tuned to a frequency to give a little more outlet.

Add your comment to this topic!