Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ac compressor runs in defrost.

Gocart879
09-01-2005, 10:41 PM
hello, well the subject pretty much says it all, my only problem is my compressor is low on freon and i dont want it to run to much, but why is is running in the defrost cycle? is that a normal operation or is something working incorrectly? thankyou.

imidazol97
09-01-2005, 10:45 PM
hello, well the subject pretty much says it all, my only problem is my compressor is low on freon and i dont want it to run to much, but why is is running in the defrost cycle? is that a normal operation or is something working incorrectly? thankyou.

It always turns on in defrost to dehumidify. Has a switch where it doesn't engage below a set temperature--maybe 40 degrees or 45. I'll look it up.

Just use the floor/windshield setting if you don't want the compressor to run (push vent if it's an automatic system).

auto trainy
09-04-2005, 11:19 AM
I don't know if will work,why not pull the wire off the compressor clutch,this way it can't work.

93buicklesabrelmtd
09-12-2005, 08:20 AM

NORMAL!

Add your comment to this topic!