Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1997 J30 power antenna mast installation -- where to begin?

saw192837
09-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Howdy

I'm trying to fix my power antenna unit, the antenna of which was chopped off by the previous owner. Ive got the new mast and removed the trunk's cloth panels which blocked way to the power antenna motor. But I dont know where to go from here.

How do I remove the motor? There's a metal bar attached to the jack that won't come undone, and I can't get to the motor screws.

Can anyone offer more detail on getting the power antenna motor out?

Thanks

normseven
09-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Howdy

I'm trying to fix my power antenna unit, the antenna of which was chopped off by the previous owner. Ive got the new mast and removed the trunk's cloth panels which blocked way to the power antenna motor. But I dont know where to go from here.

How do I remove the motor? There's a metal bar attached to the jack that won't come undone, and I can't get to the motor screws.

Can anyone offer more detail on getting the power antenna motor out?

Thanks

There is a link anttena replacement that worked fine for me. I took the jack out, remove the jack holder ( 2 screws ) and used the link

http://www.carstereohelp.org/DoItYourselfRepair/NissanPwrAnt.htm

Its from a maxima but the antenna is the same, I hope it helps.

N7

denbisSE
09-02-2006, 05:53 PM
All right. I've got the $%^&* complete power antenna out of '96 Maxima SE because I could not just remove the mast. Now I cannot even remove the mast when I'am holding the %^&*$# thing. Short of buying the complete power unit w/mast, what is the seceret?:banghead:

Add your comment to this topic!