Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2005 Mustang Convertible Roll Cage

Joihan777
09-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm considering buying a new 2005 Mustang convertible.
However, I don't think it has any kind of rollover protection
system like the BMW & Mercedes convertibles do. Has anyone
ever heard of an aftermarket company that installs pop-up
roll cages for Mustangs?
Thanks,
johann

BigDanTheMan
09-02-2005, 02:31 PM
i've never heard of them but that doesn't mean that they don't exist - you can find a custom installers who can do anything these days.

TheStang00
09-02-2005, 02:34 PM
do you really think ur gonna roll it? lol

moparrr07
09-02-2005, 07:03 PM
no but you have to run a rollcage for nhra if you run in the 11s, but it will ahve to be an 8 point cage and imsure that they wont cassify a fold down one legal,

so you dont need one unless you run in the 11s

BigDanTheMan
09-02-2005, 07:24 PM
whoa whoa, lets not jump to the conclusion that he doesn't need one if he's not in the 11s and i think that it is quite obviouse that he doens't want a nhra legal 8 point get up. added saftey is nothing to shake a stick it, i myself am interested in getting an 8point bar for my vert because cars do roll over and i got a pretty face.

Rod&Custom
09-02-2005, 08:19 PM
because cars do roll over and i got a pretty face.

Whoever told him that should be punished.....
Just playin' man, I've never seen ya before. You knew that was coming though right?

neatofrito1618
09-03-2005, 08:37 AM
yea u wouldent need a roll cage if u were only runnin in the 11's

351wStang
09-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Only running 11's? Wouldnt need a roll cage if you where "only" running 11's.... An 11 second car is nothing to shake a stick at. Also Yes, any track with tech should require a roll cage for an 11 second car. Hell I think around here if you run 12.99 you have to have a helment. Why would you need a helment in 300hp ride? You wouldnt. Its just that the tracks these days are being extra safe. You can get sued for sneezing at someone these days. I'm sure its all for insurance reasons. But the point of this post is that you have given tons of incorrect info neatofrito1618. Not trying to flame anyone or cause any problems. But when money is involved and people look to us for correct information so they can save a little money by buying the right part the first time. I'm just saying you need to be sure you are giving factual info before you post. To run 11's you are probably making over 400rwhp. Do you know what 400hp will do to a subframe car?

GTStang
09-03-2005, 12:46 PM
yea u wouldent need a roll cage if u were only runnin in the 11's

LMAO!!!!! maybe you should take a look at the IHRA or NHRA rule book before you say certain things.

neatofrito1618
09-03-2005, 02:51 PM
well to run in the 11's(not a 11 secound car but in the 11's) u would only need about 60 or 70 extra hp. for example somebody that posted on here a few days ago with a 05 gt said he only has a comp. mod and a CAI and he was runnin mid 12's so in my opinion a gt with a extra 60 or 70 hp doesent need a 8 point roll cage. if u think even a stock 05 gt needs a roll cage well then u have ur opinion and i have mine.

351wStang
09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Your opinion doesnt matter. The rules at the track is what matters. If you dont know the facts dont post in the thread! Its just that simple. Its obvious you have never been thrue tech. If you take a car capable of running 11's to the track you will be kicked off the track if you dont have a roll cage. You need to go to www.google.com and search for nhra/ihra rules before you make another post in this thread.

neatofrito1618
09-03-2005, 06:01 PM
i thought u only needed a roll cage if u were running in the 10's?

silverstangs
09-03-2005, 06:31 PM
i thought u only needed a roll cage if u were running in the 10's?

Some tracks require a cage if you run in the 12's........ as well as long wheel studs......

BigDanTheMan
09-04-2005, 02:20 AM
lay off neto guys, the poster probably isn't interested in strip racing anyway - he's asking about "pop-up" type roll over protection. i don't think that the idea of convertibles being dangerous in a roll over is debatable, and some people are interested in maintaining their handsomeness.

Joihan777
09-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Wow folks,
Didn't mean to poke my finger in [rollcage] hornet's nest!
Big Dan The Man has my intentions correct, I only wish
to have better protection in a roll-over collision than a
"low center of gravity."
I'm a husband and a daddy of two so a little safety is a
worthwhile issue. I can't believe Ford hasn't put in a pop-up
rollbar in the latest generation Mustang... their competitors
have it standard in their (admittedly more expensive) vehicles.
If they included a pop-up roll bar, I would've bought one already.
Ford owns Volvo too, and next year Volvo will sell a convertible
with 4 seats AND a FOLDING metal roof. Kinda wish Ford wasn't
so cheap with safety features. (I've passed on 2 Ford vehicles
in the last three years because of Ford's lack of basic safety features).
If ya'll ever hear of an aftermarket pop-up system, please lemme know.
Thanks,
johann

Add your comment to this topic!