Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

trying to piece together a 4g64 turbo kit for 96 2ndgen spyder

Eclipsewhipping
09-01-2005, 01:00 AM
I was wondering if any one new of a quick way to get the parts i need for turboing the 4g64 spyder engine.ive seen a website and it shows me all the parts i need. If any one has parts i could use and wants to help me put together a kit it would be a great help. these are the parts i need.

4g63t head
4G63T Exhaust Manifold (Ported 2g Preferred)
4G63T O2 Sensor Housing (Ported 2g Preferred)
4G63T Downpipe - 2G FWD (aftermarket or custom 2.5" - 3" preferred)
A Turbo (duh!) - 14b, Small 16G, or other. Avoid the stock 2G T25! (16G variant (small, big, EVOIII) preferred)
High-Flow air filter & MAS Adaptor
Intake Pipe from MAS to Turbo (stock 2G OK, aftermarket better)
Intercooler - Stock 2G SMIC OK, FMIC better.
Intercooler Piping from turbo to intercooler & intercooler to throttle body (custom connector needed for stock throttle body connection).
Blow off valve (BOV) - 1G is fine
Boost Gauge
EGT Gauge
Gasket: Head to Exhaust Manifold
Gasket: Turbo to Exhaust Manifold
Gasket: O2 Housing to Turbo
Gasket: O2 Housing to downpipe
Misc Nuts, Bolts, Washers, hose clamps, etc.
Turbo oil Supply Line (Stainless braided preferred)
Turbo oil return Line from a stock 2G setup
2G turbo oil pan
Turbo water lines (feed & return) + rubber coolant hose to connect to engine.
Higher flow Fuel Pump (Walbro 190lph is plenty)
Bigger Injectors (Stock 4G63T 450cc Injectors OK with turbo car resistor pack wired in)
Apex-i S-AFC
OBD-II Datalogger

96spyderman
09-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Too bad I don't know where my old Spyder went to after it was totalled... most of the stuff on your list was there...
That's a big list to fill... why not just sell your GS and buy a GS-T? Save ya alot of time.....that and alot of the engine work you have done already will basically be wasted money... your ha ha venom will be more useless than it is now..I know..hard to believe..:)
That's my 2cents

-Josh-
09-01-2005, 01:58 PM
Not everyone likes follow the norm, different strokes for different folks and all that. I always like it when people turbo n/a cars.

Eclipse4ever
09-01-2005, 02:14 PM
I was woundering since I never though about it, if you car was totalled like 96spydermans, where does it go? Can you take some of the stuff you had in it ? Can you get it back in some way ? What happens to it ? Cause If I wreck my eclipse I need one day to take my parts back :) and put em on another eclipse.

-Josh-
09-01-2005, 04:16 PM
I was woundering since I never though about it, if you car was totalled like 96spydermans, where does it go? Can you take some of the stuff you had in it ? Can you get it back in some way ? What happens to it ? Cause If I wreck my eclipse I need one day to take my parts back :) and put em on another eclipse.

I'm pretty sure before it gets sent to the junk yard they allow you to get whatever you want or need to out of it. As long as you speak with your insurance rep before it gets towed/hauled anyway.

96spyderman
09-01-2005, 04:40 PM
Yes you can get your personal effects from it after being totalled. I went the next day where it was being held until the ins. company comes to pick it up and asses the damage. I pulled alot of stuff out of it...triple pillar pod, 1gen BOV, intake pipe, and some other stuff... i'm glad I saved all the stock items to replace what I took out. The only thing I couldn't get was my carbon fiber tails... I had just sent out the chrome altezzas the day before the accident...DOH!!!
You can also do a "buy-back". If I had a place to store it I would have bought my old spyder back and made a killing on ebay.

JOSH... nothing wrong with someone "going against the norm" as you said... but for the price he is looking at... it would be much more economical to start out turbo'd and beef it up...
Like I said... that was MY 2 CENTS

Add your comment to this topic!