Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

B16 A SiR2 swap

Rein
05-08-2002, 12:15 AM
Alright. I've got a friend who can help me drop one of these into my civic, but I'm wondering if the money is worth it. I'd like to get some opinions from other people who have done this. The thing that pisses me off is the torque...it ain't shit. It's barely anything more than my stock torque. What kinda performance do you guys get with I/E/H on a b16 SiR2. What's the best way to imrove torque? I'm guessing a turbo, and if so...how much is a good turbo for this engine?

Moppie
05-08-2002, 05:42 PM
:lol2: Everything that you hear about B16a's not haveing any Torque is total and utter crap. :mad:

They dont have a lot of peak Torque, (altough its very high for a 1600) but they do have an incredibly flat Torque curve.

Go drive one and you will quickly realise just what an awsome engine they are.

Rein
05-09-2002, 01:20 AM
O yea, I have another question...What kinda fuel economy does this engine get? Is it about the same? say 28-30 freeway, 20-22 city?

Moppie
05-09-2002, 01:34 AM
I average I guess about 25mpg. Thats from a good mixture of city and open road driving.

It depends on how hard you drive it. Keep it below 5,000rpm and you can expect better millage than what your getting now, wind it up on a regular basis and it will suffer though. You dont get 170hp with out some draw backs. :D

Add your comment to this topic!