Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My 2006 New Chargers

taxman82
08-31-2005, 10:06 PM
Well here are the pictures of my new 2006 Dodge Charger. This car is great and has plenty of power, but I have to baby it with the current gas prices. Sad to see what happend down south. Anyway here are my pictures, what do you think?
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/1771701web.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/1771704Web-med.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/1771702Web-med.jpg

Taxman

theFREAKnasty82
08-31-2005, 10:44 PM
wow, that is VERY nice. Did you get a really great deal on it?

taxman82
09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Not really, dealers are not really dealing when they are having a hard time keeping them on the lot. I had them locate this one for me, otherwise it would have taken up to 12 weeks to order one. I didn't want to wait that long. I did get the employee discount from my grandfather though that helps alot.

Taxman

theFREAKnasty82
09-01-2005, 09:42 PM
are you going to do anything special to it, like tint windows, try to squeeze out some extra HP elsewhere or are you going to leave it bone stock?

JayR04
09-02-2005, 08:12 PM
looks nice.

taxman82
09-19-2005, 04:48 PM
For now just stock, I'm going back to get my MBA and I have no time to do anything to it. Later maybe some performance mods but we'll see.

heavyhalf
10-18-2005, 11:14 PM
they should have made them 2 door it kinda looks like a 4 door mustang. i like charger i just hate the new ones i got a 1972 charger SE

xfeejayx
12-16-2005, 05:05 PM
haha, i like how the plates are whited out in the pics. This was about the time that the employee discount was around anyway wasn't it? why did you need your grandfather for the discount?
nevertheless, NICE RIDE!

DUBAIR
12-23-2005, 06:05 PM
For now just stock, I'm going back to get my MBA and I have no time to do anything to it. Later maybe some performance mods but we'll see.

When you get a chance-get our easy to install (bolt on with no special tools) DUB~air polished stainless steel air intake system!

I am in charge of design and Marketing at DUB~air, so you can ask me anything you want about price, performance, or components...

zachg@avanche.com

Bostich
02-23-2006, 08:22 PM
hey pop the hood

anoops
03-20-2006, 08:54 PM
I love it. What color is that? Looks like a a shade of blue.

taxman82
03-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks. They call it magnesium peral (SP)
I really liked it compared to the red that they were trying to sell me.

phantomcobra
03-23-2006, 12:38 PM
"Fast" is in the eye of the beholder. I've been on another forum of Chargers and they are losing to the Mustang regularly (read: EVERY time). Even some Lexus and Trailblazers are blowing away these "fast" Chargers. Pretty sad when a Chevy SUV can blow away a Charger!

I took my 66 down to look at the cars and everyone in the place emptied to the parking lot to look at mine (and I wasn't even parked out front where I was obvious!!). Mine isn't show quality but it is nice. I passed right by the new ones thinking they were Magnums. The dealer in my area had 4 or 5 of the 6.1 Hemis. One thing that really disappointed me was that although my car appears larger, it is several hundred pounds lighter than the new one. Too much electronic crap and airbags, etc, I guess.

taxman82
03-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Your are entitled to your own opinion but I would love to see a stock trailblazer beat a charger. I have always been a chevy guy and there is no way the 4.2 liter in the trailblazer will have the power to beat a charger with the hemi. Comparasons are all relative to what the vehicles are, if a trailblazer was racing a charger with the small v-6 then possibly. Same goes for the Mustang. If I really wanted to I could beat a mustange with my silverado with enough modifications but I really don't care to. The charger was redesigned and there are always people who have problems with the new look or performance or it has 4 doors or the colors. There are plenty of people that like it, thats why Dodge is selling it.

JayR04
03-30-2006, 06:19 PM
the mustang and new charger shouldnt really be compaered. the mustung is a 2 door sports coupe the charger is a 4 door muscle car. like apples and oranges.

phantomcobra
03-30-2006, 10:23 PM
It isn't "my opinion" there taxman. It is what is posted from actual Charger drivers on another Charger forum. I wasn't there and I don't know what the two vehicles had but the poster said he was beat by a Lexus and a new Trailblazer. I don't know if the Trailblazer had a turbo charger on it or if it was being pushed by a Corvette. I just repeated what I read.

phantomcobra
03-30-2006, 10:36 PM
Totally disagree there JayRo4. They are not apples and oranges. Maybe granny smith apples and delicious apples. One is a 2 door muscle car and the other is a 4 door muscle car. What the @#$ is the difference for a "sport coupe"? A "muscle car" should outshine a "sport coupe" if you want to name them that way. The size and shape of a car doesn't mean they can't be compared. Any two vehicles running against each other can be compared. The only reason someone won't is because they are too chicken. I used to match my 69 Plymouth Valiant against Mustangs all the time. The Mustang is a muscle car and the Valiant is a family sedan. I never lost if the Mustang was a 302 or smaller engine. Even though mine was only a 273. If two cars are approximately equal, there is no reason you can't compare the two unless you just can't bear to hear the words "I got beat".

brady_381need72c10
08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
new charger huh... it aint new all it really is is the intreped renamed!

phantomcobra
08-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Have to disagree with the new Charger being a renamed Intrepid. They are nothing alike. However, if you would like to say it is nothing more than a rebranded Magnum or 300, I'd go with that.

One of the reasons they aren't as fast as they could be is because they are so fat. They weigh WAYYYY too much! My 66 is nearly 1,000 lbs lighter and it is made of real Detroit steel.

trojandrew
11-16-2006, 07:56 PM
i have to agree with phantomcobra, the #1 problem with the new chargers is they weigh over 4000 lbs, they're flippin tanks. I personally like the new design, however, they should have made a 2door version =(. as they are they look like slightly more sporty 300c's. this isn't to say that i wouldn't kill a small forest animal to cruise in an SRT8... wouldn't be losing to mustangs or blazers in that sucker.

Honda_12
01-24-2007, 11:39 PM
k vther pretty much a family sports car like most of the masdas

DaytonaCharger2006
06-10-2007, 07:13 PM
Now that you've had your Charger for a while, how do you like it? Our 06 has been a disappointment to say the least. It has 20,000 miles on it and has been in for warranty work many, many times now.

taxman82
08-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I cannot complain so far. We have almost 30,000 miles on it and it will be time to get rid of these POS tires before winter. I was also a little concerned with the maintanance interval of 30-36000 miles. Spark plugs already??? Seems a little off to me. That might take a little more checking into. Anyway this is what we have had done:

1) Passanger side window regulator/motor assembly replaced
2) O ring on the trans dipstick replaced
3) Drivers side visor clip replaced:banghead:
4) Soon to need some brake work (I think the wife warped the rotors):rofl:
5) Tires before winter (Probably the Goodyear Assurances)
6) Possible 30-3600 mile tune up (seems a little early for that kind of cash):screwy:

GM

DaytonaCharger2006
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
I cannot complain so far. We have almost 30,000 miles on it and it will be time to get rid of these POS tires before winter. I was also a little concerned with the maintanance interval of 30-36000 miles. Spark plugs already??? Seems a little off to me. That might take a little more checking into. Anyway this is what we have had done:

1) Passanger side window regulator/motor assembly replaced
2) O ring on the trans dipstick replaced
3) Drivers side visor clip replaced:banghead:
4) Soon to need some brake work (I think the wife warped the rotors):rofl:
5) Tires before winter (Probably the Goodyear Assurances)
6) Possible 30-3600 mile tune up (seems a little early for that kind of cash):screwy:

GM

I have an 04 Ram with the Hemi as well and the maintenenace schedule has you replace plugs every 30K also. I'm at 59K now and it says to do plug wires as well at 60K.

wphall
03-31-2008, 12:23 PM
My 07 Charger SXT (3.5 V6) has almost 15k on it and hasn't seen the shop once. I really like mine.

MrPbody
04-05-2008, 10:43 AM
At first, I was quite skeptical about Charger. It's on the same platform as Chrysler 300 and Magnum. Over time, it has "grown on me". That is, I like the look. Those that I've talked to that own them, overall, like them. They handle decent, have ample power and are easy on the eyes. Nice ride, too.

The one common complaint has been transmission problems, but that's a common complaint among virtually ALL modern MOPAR owners. Is there a manual trans available in Charger? If so, that's the way I'd go...

Calling the modern Charger a muscle car is inaccurate. When it was first announced, there was a great ferver about the potential. It doesn't have muscle car potential. It's not aimed at the class, though the anticipatory crowd thought it would be. It's larger and a LOT heavier (over 4,000 lbs.)than GTO, the only real "muscle car" made in the last 35 years. Mustang guys, don't get all riled, Mustangs are "pony cars", like the old GM "F" bodies, which GTOs are not. But Charger's market is NOT the muscle car crowd. It's the same class of car as say, Bonneville (or G8 today), Impala, 300, etc. Chrysler Corporation never said it was a muscle car. And it does well in that class.

The "new Challenger", which we keep hearing about but has yet to materialize on the real streets, MAY have some muscle car potential, but they're gonna have to do something about the power output. The new "Hemi" (a misnomer, as the chamber is NOT hemispherical) will need some serious tweakage to make over 400 horsepower in "emmissions legal" form. Like the Ford, a blower will probably be called for to compete successfully against LS-3 or -6.

Don't take this wrong. I applaud Chrysler for keeping at it. There was a time many years ago, where Chrysler products were feared and respected by ALL in the muscle car "crowd". Those 440s were hell on wheels! I see no reason they can't do it again with the "right stuff". Just be sure to compare apples to apples... Not apples to donuts. (:-

Jim

Add your comment to this topic!