Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Mirage ATF information?

lucky4u25
08-31-2005, 02:26 PM
I have a 2001 Mirage without a user manual. Can someone tell me which ATF(transmission fluid) should I use for it?
Thanks

coldarmy87
01-28-2006, 03:01 AM
DIAMOND ATF SP II M or atleast that is what my manual says hope it helps you if you want to you could always go to autozone though im sure they know

DFBonnett
01-28-2006, 07:13 AM
I went around and around on this issue with my daughter's 2000 a while back. Some of the ATF manufacturers have products they claim to be compatible. They were mostly synthetic, "one size fits all" fluids and I just didn't have confidence in the claims. At one point I was told by Quaker State that the ATF+3 was compatible, then told in a later correspondence that it was not. One dealer parts department said they use Mercron. That is absolutely wrong but I'll bet it keeps the service bays filled. I finally played it safe and went with the Diamond SP from the dealer parts department.

coldarmy87
01-28-2006, 03:30 PM
yeah luckily i havent had to replace mine but i read your thread last night and i just happend to be looking at something in my manual so i looked it up for you .... well hope it works out for you.

Add your comment to this topic!