Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

automatic soft tops

rubberband_ball
08-30-2005, 03:13 PM
call me lazy its fine but I was looking into an automatic soft tops for my jeep. I live up in maine and the weather is very picky and i want to be able to put the top down for a 20 minute drive and then get it up quickly, im not to fast at doing it manually.

Anyone heard of a website or anything where you can order automatic soft tops or ven if it can be done or if theres some way to automate it myself or aything.

myjeepsux420
08-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Good luck. Sounds pretty freakin impossible. I would get yourself a soft top that will open half way up, or go buy a Chrysler LeBarron or some POS like that.

JustinC9905
08-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Because of the plastic windows in the Wranglers I think that it would be really hard to come up with something that would work automatically. Taking just the top up and down shouldnt take you more than like 30 seconds.....the windows is what takes the longest amount of time, and tucking all of the flaps in. Have you looked at the sunrider tops yet? They would let you have the top part of the cockpit open (like a sunroof) while allowing you to keep the rest of the top closed in. Hope this helps some.

Jeepins
09-02-2005, 10:12 PM
O.k. your lazy :}. This isn't a BMW. C'mon, I live in Houston. Talking about picky weather... Man up! Zip up like the rest of us! It's a Jeep.

Add your comment to this topic!