Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

fan clutch?

acsoa12
08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
i have an 03 TB 4x4 and was hearing the ticking noise from the front. the noise was there for a few months then the engine began to sound like a lot of air was rushing through and it became sluggish at low rpm's. the motor also will not rev past 2600 rpm in park but will rev fine once you are going down the road. i just replaced the fan clutch 20 minutes ago and i still have the same problems. the fan also feels tight and stops spinning the secound the motor is turned off unlike my dads 04 envoy. please help the fan clutch alone cost me 220 dollars!!!!!!

ScarabEpic22
08-30-2005, 06:51 PM
You are right in that your old fan clutch was locked, but by the sound of things, so is your new one! Before you do anything, disconnect your battery for at least 20min and then try it again. If all else fails, go to your dealer or whereever and hook up a code reader. Sometimes there is a code even if the SES light isnt on.

acsoa12
09-01-2005, 06:34 PM
ok the problem has been fixed.... my computer had to be reflashed by the dealer. that cost 40 dollars but it fixed the problem. hope this helps someone going through the same problem.

MikeyTA
12-25-2005, 11:22 AM
ok the problem has been fixed.... my computer had to be reflashed by the dealer. that cost 40 dollars but it fixed the problem. hope this helps someone going through the same problem.

I was able to get the code p1484 (Driver Fan Open Power To Ground VCRM) from Autozone (My SEL light was on).. Do ya think maybe I should take it to be reprogrammed?? I've had to jump my car off a few times (not because of that thou.. becuz it was real cold outside).. Maybe somehow the programming got wiped out.. What do ya think? Trying to go the cheapest way possible.

Add your comment to this topic!