Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Its all gone...

Yaggus
08-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Well crunch time has come and gone... Im BOOSTLESS :sadwavey:

I have now sold both of my turbo cars. I have to start paying for my trip around the world now so i needed the money. I made a profit of $2800 on selling the 300zx and a $2500 profit on the GT4. The 300zx sold for $15,800 and the GT4 for $12,000. It sucks pretty hard selling them. I REALLY miss the outright power of my 300zx. The thing was a beast. The AWD chuckability of the GT4 im gonna miss too.

There are 2 positives to selling my 2 cars. The first is now i have ~$28,000 in my bank account :thumbsup:

And the other, is that i sold them both to people i know. My boss bought my 300zx and my mate bought my GT4. My boss has already started to retrim the interior of the 300 in black and red vinal and it looks pretty sick already. My mate has promised me that he'll let my drive the GT4 whenever I like :grinyes:

I did go out and buy another cheap method of transportation to get me from A to B. Albeit quite slowly...
I picked up a 93 Daihatsu Charade. :gay: It has a beastly 1.3L 3cyl engine in it.... I have NEVER been in a car this slow before... on the plus side it was really cheap and its really good on petrol.

...I think im going to cry myself to sleep...

ZedEx
08-30-2005, 01:41 AM
Awww man I'm sorry... It must have been tough letting them go. I feel for you man.

Now go cry yourself to sleep. From now on, instead of snoring... You'll be making spool-up, and Blow-Off sound effects :lol:

Sorry Delerious, I stole your line.

-Wes

freakonaleash1187
08-30-2005, 07:31 AM
sorry to hear that, i couldnt imagine how i would feel if i sold my Z. but at least you know it is in good hands.

k3smostwanted
08-30-2005, 08:12 AM
that sucks man...just budget your trip a little better and then come back and buy another Z when your done. easy as 1-2-3. :D

1viadrft
08-30-2005, 03:44 PM
Sucks... don't know if I could ever do that!

xXxRocker5150
08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
sorry to hear that, i couldnt imagine how i would feel if i sold my Z. but at least you know it is in good hands.

I agree with ya man, sorry to hear about your loss yaggus, you'll get another z someday...

longlivetheZ
08-30-2005, 07:09 PM
It has a beastly 1.3L 3cyl engine in it.... I have NEVER been in a car this slow before... on the plus side it was really cheap and its really good on petrol.

Holy crap, dude. That's pretty wicked lame. I dunno if I'd be able to deal with that...lol...especially after going from the beasts you are used to.

But...at least you sold them to people you know and people you know will take care of them. That's always good. Plus, you're using the money for a good purpose, so it's all good, man. Cars come and go. I've had 5 already and I've only been driving for around 5 years or so.

DeleriousZ
08-30-2005, 07:23 PM
well at least you made some cash on both of them... i bet the profit alone bought you the new diahatsu lol.. oh well.. as long as you don't spend all your money on that mr2 when you get back ;)

Yaggus
08-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Cheers for the words and yeah it sucks, but it was a necessary evil. The fact that i know who i sold the cars to helps.

Going to that insanely slower car isnt that bad. Its probably better than downgrading to a reasonable car because this one doesnt even pretend to be able to go fast in the slightest. I havent actually even had to put in any petrol in it since ive had it!! That is a pleasant change compared to the 300zx which guzzled like a dirty whore. Oh and the Diahatsu only cost $2200 :P and it has a new engine in it. New as in not even broken in yet engine.

I wont spend ALL my remaining money on my girlfriends MR2 when i get back. Im still deciding on if i should get her a turbo or not. NA is safer but turbo is MUCH more fun.

Owning a Z32 really opened my eyes. They had always been talked down by most of the people that I know so I wasnt expecting that much from it. I really only ever bought it to make some $$$$ off it but once I got in it and drove it, I was REALLY impressed by it. I didnt expect it to be such a competant package. Awesome handling, awesome braking, (really) awesome acceleration...

That being said, I dont think I will be owning another Z32 again. That much power in a RWD format would have undone me eventually. I knwo myself and one day i would have done something stupid and ended up sideways into a pole. The Z32 is a great car but i just dont think its for me. And the petrol costs were obscene but that might have more to do with how i drove it :P That doesnt mean i wont even get another Z though... :evillol: Once i get back and get myself sorted I might look at getting me a 240z for the coolness factor. It can sit next to my Mitsubishi GTO MR :P

longlivetheZ
08-31-2005, 04:08 PM
What's the deal with those GTOs? Heard of them but know nothing about them. All I know is that I liked my GTO in Gran Tourismo...lol

Who the HELL would talk down a Z car? Must have been idiots...

k3smostwanted
08-31-2005, 05:33 PM
What's the deal with those GTOs? Heard of them but know nothing about them. All I know is that I liked my GTO in Gran Tourismo...lol

Who the HELL would talk down a Z car? Must have been idiots...

GTO MR...no options plus a VR4 motor with the same 9B turbos, plus shorter gearing. 1/4 mile times run anywhere ~12.8. by no options, i mean, no leather, no AWS. i think it weighs in at around 3300lbs in comparison to the US spec's VR4's 3800lbs. :)
Good luck finding an MR...last i heard, Mitsubishi only made about 500 of those bad boys.

runs even with a Skyline GTR. pretty impressive but it still troubled by all of the same mitsubishi problems. :lol:

then they have the GTO TT which is the equivalent to our VR4.but the Euro-spec GTO TT and MR came with 13B turbos instead of the 9B's so it is a little more powerful.

then you have the base model GTO which is the equivalent to our SL/Base.

longlivetheZ
08-31-2005, 07:00 PM
So it's more or less a foreign, stripped down 3kGT? 12.8 1/4 times? AWD?

k3smostwanted
08-31-2005, 07:36 PM
So it's more or less a foreign, stripped down 3kGT? 12.8 1/4 times? AWD?

exactly...

strip all of the accessories and luxury items and the AWS system of the VR4 to lower its weight.

still has AWD, runs 12.8's, but dont expect to get comfortable in leather seats and a 6 speaker sound system. :D

the Euro Spec GTO TT is the one you want...it has all of the VR4 ammenities but comes stock with a turbo upgrade. :lol:

Yaggus
09-01-2005, 05:54 AM
Yeah the GTO MR is a stripped down version of the TT GTO. It doesnt have AWS, leather seats, active aero, EMS, active exhaust or cruise control. The gearing on all GTO's is faster than 3000gts.

They still weigh in at a hefty 1650kg (3637.6 pounds) but damm do they go hard. 12.8 as STOCK!!! That is pretty awesome. As for the stuff they lack, it isnt that bad really. I dont really like leather seats. You slide too much in them when going around corners. The active exhaust becomes redundant as soon as you go for an aftermarket exhaust, which would be quite soon. The loss of a Electronically managed suspesion is no big deal either. It is just the same as leaving it in 'sport' mode except with out the weight of the electronics. Active aero was stopped in 1997 on the GTO TT anyway so i couldnt have gotten it anyway. AWS loss is no big deal if i still have power steering. I know how to park a car.

Good luck finding an MR...last i heard, Mitsubishi only made about 500 of those bad boys.
Not too hard. They come up on auctions every now and then. Looking for a 3rd gen MR, however, is fuking hard.

runs even with a Skyline GTR. pretty impressive but it still troubled by all of the same mitsubishi problems.
Yep. Beats a GTR in a drag but not on a circuit. And yes, the gearbox breaks with disturbing regularity in them :rolleyes:

strip all of the accessories and luxury items and the AWS system of the VR4 to lower its weight
still has AWD, runs 12.8's, but dont expect to get comfortable in leather seats and a 6 speaker sound system.

You make it sound like its a completely stripped down uncomfortable race car! :P Its still NICE inside. It retains all of the power seats, full climate control... Im not sure on the sound system though... It still has one in it thats for sure. It might just be a 4 speaker one though. Mmmmm.... AWD... *drools* I love AWD cars now. High powered RWD cars are too dangerous for me to be behind the wheel of.

the Euro Spec GTO TT is the one you want...it has all of the VR4 ammenities but comes stock with a turbo upgrade.
Except its LHD :P But on a similar note I might look at just getting a 99-2000 TT GTO they only weigh 10kg more than the MR and they are a lot easier to find.

I know at least some of you have owned/considered owning a 3000gt, so you shouldnt hate me too much about my next choice of car :P

k3smostwanted
09-01-2005, 07:59 AM
You make it sound like its a completely stripped down uncomfortable race car! :P Its still NICE inside. It retains all of the power seats, full climate control... Im not sure on the sound system though...

no i didnt...i said it was a stripped down GTO TT/VR4. no big deal...it just doesnt have all the luxury doo-dads that most people who own these cars, dont really care about anyways.

I know at least some of you have owned/considered owning a 3000gt, so you shouldnt hate me too much about my next choice of car :P

nahh...im still gonna call you a trader. i hope you break the transfer case on the first hard run. actually, that will probably happen anyways. :lol:

longlivetheZ
09-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Sounds like a fun car. And it's yet MORE proof that America gets SHAFTED with lame cars. WHY!? Why can't we get ANYTHING cool?! No wonder we're over-run with stupid ass, cocky kids in their domestic "muscle cars"...there really isn't too much else.

Yaggus
09-03-2005, 01:03 PM
nahh...im still gonna call you a trader. i hope you break the transfer case on the first hard run. actually, that will probably happen anyways. :lol:
You didnt happen to mean TRAITOR by any chance? :P

I know all about the T-cases breaking. I just have to not launch it at 6000rpms and i SHOULD be fine...

Sounds like a fun car. And it's yet MORE proof that America gets SHAFTED with lame cars. WHY!? Why can't we get ANYTHING cool?! No wonder we're over-run with stupid ass, cocky kids in their domestic "muscle cars"...there really isn't too much else.

But to be honest, your muscle cars look pretty fucking kool though... I sure as hell youlnd mind having one! I saw a new Camaro the other day... Damm that looked hot!

DeleriousZ
09-03-2005, 01:25 PM
i hate the look of american cars... other than maybe the c5 and c6 vette's and the older vipers... and of course the old old vettes and mustangs... but other than that they all look like rolling trash cans to me

freakonaleash1187
09-03-2005, 02:44 PM
But to be honest, your muscle cars look pretty fucking kool though... I sure as hell youlnd mind having one! I saw a new Camaro the other day... Damm that looked hot!

lol, thats funny, i see at least 3 camaros per day and they arent all that cool looking to me.

k3smostwanted
09-03-2005, 05:01 PM
:lol: i think it is funny that non-americans think our american cars are nice and good looking. and most of us think they look like garbage. is it because we know that american cars are made from the cheapest materials known to the car manufacturing world or is it because we see about 15 of each of these cars as we travel each mile?

longlivetheZ
09-03-2005, 07:15 PM
It's all what you're used to. I am SO fucking tired of american cars that it's not even fucking funny. Just plain fucking sick of them. I PRAY that Nissan, Toyota and/or Honda would send SOMETHING this way that can be called a true sports car AND put down some good performance. Nothing can beat what came out of the 90s if you really think about it. That was the pinnacle of automotive engineering as far as sports cars go. Sure, the numbers have gotten better since then, but by NO means as much as they did then. Leaps and bounds were achieved in the 90s...the Z cars of that time...the Supra of that time...the RX-7 of that time...the Corvettes of that time (which actually HAVE gotten better since then)...the NSX (which will not be made any longer after December. All of you dragging your feet on picking a new one up better hurry up...lol...)...all these cars were AMAZING cars. Now...bodies change (and get heavier)...little this that or the other things change...but that's about it. It's sad. The best American muscle will walk all over all that Japan can offer in a straight line race...and it's simply because Japan isn't even trying. COME ON, GUYS!!! American companies are doing TONS...what are you guys DOING?! No more (widespread) turbos in the US? No more cool technology (ie HICAS systems...sequential turbos...rotary engines...etc)? Come on, guys...America isn't doing THAT much...making engines bigger (the new Corvette Z06 has a 7 LITER ENGINE!...nice cars) and lowering gear ratios...it wouldn't be THAT hard to beat them. Take back your part of the market segment, will you?! It'd be EASY for you! Bring back the Supra! De-pussify the RX-8! Re-turbofy the Z (like it fucking SHOULD be...)! It'd be CAKE to walk all over these cocky Mustang kids that think they're all King Big Swingin' Dick.

I'm so sick of mediocrity. I'm so sick of American cars.

DeleriousZ
09-03-2005, 08:21 PM
amen dude... japan has been dragging their asses in the mud for the last decade... damn american cars need to be put in their place..

k3smostwanted
09-03-2005, 08:30 PM
dude...everyerthing has gone up and price. car manufacturers cant do anything new. it costs too much money. gas prices are soaring and peoples wages arent. taxes are getting placed on cars creating too much power or consuming too much gas. emissions are getting stricter. prices have gone up on cars...and people dont have the money.

Nissan will probably offer the new Infiniti GTR with AWD, electronic AWD, and twin turbos...but it will cost $75k and will not be good on gas mileage. they arent going to sell hugely...companies need there cars to sell to stay in business and people just cant afford to buy expensive cars nor the gas to put in there sports car.

therefore you see little no name companies like Kia, Hyundai, Suzuki, etc starting to rise among the rest because there cars are cheap, good on gas, and reliable. the world and especially america is headed straight into another depression/frugal lifestyle.

it sucks but its true...but none-the-less...when nissan debuts the GTR, toyota will bring back a sports car and mazda is already had talk of re-turbofying the rx8 or going back to the origin of the rx7.

Yaggus
09-04-2005, 01:34 AM
Hehehehe, well yeah my boss and I got hell excited when we saw that Camaro. Its the 1st one ive ever seen in person and it looked pretty mean. The tail lights reminded me of a viper. And your all right. Its because i dont ever get to see any of them. Mustangs sell for so much over here...

We all want what we cant have. You guys all want skylines, I am sick to death of them. They are just so boring to me now. I just look at them and think 'Yeah my 300zx could have taken him' :p

The Japanese keep having their emissions allowances tightened more and more forcing them to keep rethinking their future cars. That is why they stopeed producing the S15 200sx/Silvia. It didnt make the new emissions requirements and it would have cost too much to bring it down to a legitimate level so they stopped producing it. Keeping their cars under the emissions requirements is a HUGE problem for the Japanese car manufacturers. Their rules and regulations are stricter than the rest of the worlds.

DeleriousZ
09-04-2005, 01:57 AM
funny because they never used to have any sort of emissions stuff back in the 90's correct?

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 02:33 AM
funny because they never used to have any sort of emissions stuff back in the 90's correct?

i think they did...just never strict ones. well, i guess, they are making up for it now.

you cant even modify cars in california anymore can you?

Yaggus
09-04-2005, 03:49 AM

Yeah, as K3 said, they did have them but they jsut werent nearly as strict as they were now. On another side note... Japan's emissions laws were better 16 years ago than Australias now....

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 04:06 AM
Yeah, as K3 said, they did have them but they jsut werent nearly as strict as they were now. On another side note... Japan's emissions laws were better 16 years ago than Australias now....

thats because most of you land is inhabited by kangaroo's and emu's...what dont need those critters! :lol:

freakonaleash1187
09-04-2005, 06:57 AM
We all want what we cant have. You guys all want skylines, I am sick to death of them. They are just so boring to me now. I just look at them and think 'Yeah my 300zx could have taken him' :p

i dont want a skyline, i rather have my Z. but yeah, they are going way to far with this emmisions thing. there are bigger things that are polluting the air than the few cars that are modified.

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 09:54 AM
The way I understand it is, no, you can't have anything aftermarket on your car's engine in Cali. I think there's a few exceptions, but they're REEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLY strict there. This is a big drawback when ever I think about moving back there. Florida was cool as hell. You didn't have to have a catalytic converter, exhaust, muffler, didn't have to do emissions checks, nothing there. They just didn't care. And there, instead of paying your taxes based on the value of your car like in most places, you pay them based on the WEIGHT of your car...lol.

Hey...maybe I can start importing Mustangs to austrailia...kinda like Motorex but with a shittier car. God I hate those cars. I can get a NEW one here for less than 20 grand.

That's what pisses me off more than anything else...american car companies sell WAY more cars cuz they're so cheap. This just goes to show you that you can put a cheap price on a mediocre peesashit and sell a biztrillion of them. Hell...all the major companies here, GM (which is damn near everything...chevy, saturn, hummer, saab, Buick, cadillac, GMC, Oldsmobile, Pontiac), Ford (Which is pretty much everything else...Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, Austin Martin) and Daimler Chrysler (Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler) all have this "Employee Pricing for Everyone" thing that's been going on for EVER now and keeps getting "extended" off into oblivion. I can go get a brand new Ford Fuckus...er...sorry...Focus for ~11 grand. If cars are going to be sold THAT cheap, there's gunna be bizillions of them sold. Nissan...Toyota...Honda...sitting on their asses watching this happen. I know they can't build magnificent marvels of sports car engineering any more cuz they have to work on making money. But they don't even appear to be trying to do THAT. They have NO good deals going to compete with the domestic guys and they need to get the FUCK going. If they got some good deals going and REALLY got sales up like the domestic guys did (domestic cars now take up ~65% of the market segment), then maybe they'd be able to do other things. Ford has launched the GT and the new Mustang that's actually not bad...Chevy has the ever evolving Corvette which is a GREAT car and has been a stand out for many many many years...they can develop these cars cuz they're SELLING CARS. The Japanese car companies are struggling just to stay afloat. They need to get cracking, sell a ton of cars, get the cash flow goin again and get back in the sports car show where they BELONG!

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 10:11 AM
The way I understand it is, no, you can't have anything aftermarket on your car's engine in Cali. I think there's a few exceptions, but they're REEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLY strict there. This is a big drawback when ever I think about moving back there. Florida was cool as hell. You didn't have to have a catalytic converter, exhaust, muffler, didn't have to do emissions checks, nothing there. They just didn't care. And there, instead of paying your taxes based on the value of your car like in most places, you pay them based on the WEIGHT of your car...lol.

Hey...maybe I can start importing Mustangs to austrailia...kinda like Motorex but with a shittier car. God I hate those cars. I can get a NEW one here for less than 20 grand.

That's what pisses me off more than anything else...american car companies sell WAY more cars cuz they're so cheap. This just goes to show you that you can put a cheap price on a mediocre peesashit and sell a biztrillion of them. Hell...all the major companies here, GM (which is damn near everything...chevy, saturn, hummer, saab, Buick, cadillac, GMC, Oldsmobile, Pontiac), Ford (Which is pretty much everything else...Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, Volvo, Land Rover, Jaguar, Austin Martin) and Daimler Chrysler (Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler) all have this "Employee Pricing for Everyone" thing that's been going on for EVER now and keeps getting "extended" off into oblivion. I can go get a brand new Ford Fuckus...er...sorry...Focus for ~11 grand. If cars are going to be sold THAT cheap, there's gunna be bizillions of them sold. Nissan...Toyota...Honda...sitting on their asses watching this happen. I know they can't build magnificent marvels of sports car engineering any more cuz they have to work on making money. But they don't even appear to be trying to do THAT. They have NO good deals going to compete with the domestic guys and they need to get the FUCK going. If they got some good deals going and REALLY got sales up like the domestic guys did (domestic cars now take up ~65% of the market segment), then maybe they'd be able to do other things. Ford has launched the GT and the new Mustang that's actually not bad...Chevy has the ever evolving Corvette which is a GREAT car and has been a stand out for many many many years...they can develop these cars cuz they're SELLING CARS. The Japanese car companies are struggling just to stay afloat. They need to get cracking, sell a ton of cars, get the cash flow goin again and get back in the sports car show where they BELONG!

well...then Japanese cars will start to have to make their cars out of the same cheap pieces and parts that American companies do to compete. American companies can still make quite a bit of money off of their cars at a much lower price. BTW: the only reason that american companies are offering this employee discount is because they werent selling. GM and Ford were both going downhill...Chrysler was going up and so were the Japanese companies. now im not too sure what is going on but i knwo Ford and GM are still struggling.

the Toyota Camry has been the best selling sedan in its class for like 10 years straight.

last time i heard nissan had the best selling line of trucks this year. now we all know this is saying something because those GM and Ford and Dodge guys are friggin worshippers when it comes to their trucks.

so...i dont think japanese companies are struggling though this employee pricing is probably hurting them.

and japanese companies are already offering deals. they are offering cars that are always $11k that are of better quality than the fuckus.

Subaru has come a surprisinly long way in such a name brand biased economy. i predict in a few years that they will be among the top names in teh Japanese car industry. right now, you dont hear much about them...but i predict they wil be household name just like Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

just give it time LLZ. when the Japs feel that american companies are starting to overtake the market they will fight back. its funny because the Japs are working furiously and creating these new hybrid, hydrogen, electric, and ethanol burning cars while the american companies make a stab at it. this will be where the niche is in the future...gas mileage will be a key factor when it comes to buying a new car. you have to remember that in America...we have the cheapest gas prices in the world. so just imagine what they are paying over in Japan and such.

we will just have to see...obviously the Japs do not feel threatened but the american car industry just yet. they will have soemthing up there sleeve for the new fiscal year.

if i could afford a new car, i wouldbe looking at that Honda Accord Hybrid. only hybrid car on the market where you dont have to sacrfice performance practicality for gas mileage. V6 with 240hp or so getting 50mpg. very well done...kudos Honda.

Yaggus
09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree whole heartedly.

And there, instead of paying your taxes based on the value of your car like in most places, you pay them based on the WEIGHT of your car...lol.

Well thats how your registration is worked out on your car every year over here... The only time the cost of your car comes into the equation is when you go buy it and you have to pay tax on the purchase price of it.

People make a hideous amount of money doing that over here.

That's what pisses me off more than anything else...american car companies sell WAY more cars cuz they're so cheap. This just goes to show you that you can put a cheap price on a mediocre peesashit and sell a biztrillion of them. Nissan...Toyota...Honda...sitting on their asses watching this happen. I know they can't build magnificent marvels of sports car engineering any more cuz they have to work on making money. But they don't even appear to be trying to do THAT. They have NO good deals going to compete with the domestic guys and they need to get the FUCK going. If they got some good deals going and REALLY got sales up like the domestic guys did (domestic cars now take up ~65% of the market segment), then maybe they'd be able to do other things. Ford has launched the GT and the new Mustang that's actually not bad...Chevy has the ever evolving Corvette which is a GREAT car and has been a stand out for many many many years...they can develop these cars cuz they're SELLING CARS. The Japanese car companies are struggling just to stay afloat. They need to get cracking, sell a ton of cars, get the cash flow goin again and get back in the sports car show where they BELONG!

Well the cheap and nasty tag goes to the Korean manufactures over here.

And Toyota is officially the worlds largest seller of cars in the world. They overtook Ford at the start of the year. I highly doubt that they are in financial trouble. They are busy redesigning the new Supra, rumoured to have a V10 in it, and they are developing hybrid technology because, like it or not, that is where the car market trends are heading. One of Lexus's new hybrid cars has more power than the original car... Now thats food for thought.

The only Japanese company struggling to stay afloat is Mitsubishi, but even they are turning their sales around. The rest are doing fine. Subaru in particular are gaining market ground in leaps and bounds. They just opened up 2 new Subaru stealerships in Perth within the past 2 months.

All the news we hear over this way is that the America car companies are fukt. Ford in particular.

k3smostwanted
09-04-2005, 11:17 AM
All the news we hear over this way is that the America car companies are fukt. Ford in particular.

yeah, Chrysler/Dodge is the only one doing any good because of the whole new line of cars. they are really selling like hotcakes over here.

anyways Ford and Chevy are gonna have to do soemthing. through this economy struggle, their name, heritage, and worshippers are not gonna keep their sales where they need to be. they arent offering anything special and not talk is being smoken of. granted, both companies do have offer nice cars. i love Saab's but the truth of the matter is that Saab will not keep this company afloat.

again, we will have to wait because GM plans to bring back the camaro in 07' the Z06 vette will be arriving pretty soon. ford is introducing a 500hp+ brand new GT500 that is rumored to stay around $40k. should be a really good performance value. we will just see...

freakonaleash1187
09-04-2005, 02:15 PM
i really thing that chevy and ford need to stop trying to make all these performance cars and focus on sedans and economy cars, because that is where car companies make their money. they dont make money off of their sports cars, they make it off of their sedans and such.

longlivetheZ
09-04-2005, 02:27 PM
The Z06 is already out. It's expensive...much more so than I thought it would be.

I know the Japanese guys aren't doing BAD...I just think they could do BETTER. And the better they do, the more time and money they can spend on cool stuff.

I really hope Toyota doesn't put a V10 in the Supra...that's like putting a V10 in the next Z car...sacrilage...but we've been here done this conversation before...

I'll ask my uncle tomorrow when I go to his house. He just got back from Japan today or yesterday. He works for Toyota and he SHOULD know something if there's anything at ALL to know regarding the company...he's a test driver for the company....drives all the new shit. Usually brings it home, too. You know the newest truck they have...the one with the full bed AND 4 full doors...he brought the prototype to my house a while back. Looked at the vin...the last 6-8 digits of it was just "XXXXXXXX"...that looked weird.

Add your comment to this topic!