Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gluing resin

mhpspeed
05-07-2002, 03:09 PM
dose anybody else have truoble glueoing resin to plastic or resin to resin? It takes my testors glue about a day and a half days to dry is this normal?

patate
05-07-2002, 04:19 PM
yes because it is not for this kind of plastic you have to use epoxy or super glue for a good gluing and a good time of drying

wkma7six
05-08-2002, 12:54 AM
Mhpspeed, you need CA or "superglue". Its better when you buy CA from hobby shops instead of Krazyglue or Superglue. It is essentially the same stuff (CyanoAcrylate), but in the times that I have used these two types, the CA works much better. The "superglue" stuff seems to be more brittle and cracks much easier. There is also an activator or sometimes called "a kicker" for CA that allows it to cure even faster. The regular model cement is only for styrene to styrene joints and melts them together to form a bond. Hope this helps. - Walter

flyonthewall
05-08-2002, 05:29 AM
Yep, superglue or epoxy is all u can use for resin. An epoxy adhesive is perhaps the best option as it will give u a little time to reposition the piece to get it right.

mhpspeed
05-08-2002, 02:43 PM
alright thanks i havent tried supewr glue buit i did try hot glue but it didnt work cause it dried to fast and then it would just break off plus it left a whole bunch of glue strings that were a pain to get off. bdut thanks i think i am gonna get some of that ca stuff

Add your comment to this topic!