Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 ingnition lock

cedarjames
08-29-2005, 10:12 PM
I have a 97 s10 blazer that the ignition wont turn all the way off. and blows the trans fuse in the dash panel. I have replaced the ignition harness. still a prob/ I have removed the lock solenoid and tride the trans fuse again with the solenoid removed no draw on fuse. but tride to jump the conection imediate (major Draw) is there a relay under the hood that controls the ingnition lock solenoid?????

BlazerLT
08-29-2005, 10:37 PM
did you replace the ignition switch?

cedarjames
08-29-2005, 11:03 PM
yes harness and switch one part (black box switch) and traced wires thru colum to 2nd junction lock solenoid two wires are seaperate from ingnition switch and harness thank you LT for any help

BlazerLT
08-30-2005, 10:10 AM
You sure you have it wired properly?

Brian_D
08-30-2005, 11:31 AM
Does the trans fuse blow immediately when the ignition is switched from off to run?

if so, disconnect the transmission wiring harness on the right-side (passenger side) of the transmission and retest the trans fuse.
more than likely the wiring harness inside the transmission was damaged when the pan / filter were replaced after a fluid change.

BlazerLT
08-30-2005, 10:15 PM
That or the transmission wiring harness is rubbing somewhere and has broen through one of the wire insulators.

cedarjames
08-30-2005, 10:56 PM
the harness is plug specific as to hook ups. the vech. was not being driven at the time. I had pulled the grille to replace ,just a crack and left it over night and the batt went dead, I jumped the batt with a jump box.I heard a snap(witch I later figured to be the lock solenoid snaping into place.) and this is where im at. I should say that I am a competent wrench. this has me stumped. this lock activates whan there is no electricity to the sol. . the fuse starts to draw heavy as soon as the key is turned from off possition but before totaly in on poss. and the trans lock out works corectly. I think this is a comp discrip of where i am at. any other ideas. do you know what controlls the key turn off lock out solenoid??? because its wires are seap. from the ignition and harness. Please give me some direction. I hate tracing through the harness

thank you

Add your comment to this topic!