Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dual exhaust on a 3.1 V6.... Input Please?

tblake
08-29-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, thats next on the agenda for my ride. hopefully before winter. A shop in the next town will do custom dual exhaust for $100 to $150 when its all said and done. That includes everything. They basically split it after the cat, put a couple high flow performance mufflers on, and go striaght out the back, with chrome tips of course. I'm basically looking for a good tone, and maybe a few extra horses. i have already sort of opened my intake. My question is if anyone has ever done this, and I was wondering if the sound is good from a 3.1 V6. Is it a deep throaty sound, or more of a rap, or more of a rice burner fart can sound? I would love to get almost a low rumble at idle. That would be so awesome, but I know thats dreaming, expecially with a 3.1, now if it was a 5.7 V8, that would be a different story. Oh, well, any input? I was hoping someone with a 3.1 in their later model Monte Carlo would be able to help me out. Thanks guys

corning_d3
08-31-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm running a single dual chamber Delta 40 flowmaster made for V-6's under my car... it's sounds pretty good. None of this rice-burner fart sound, but it does tend to get a sorta high pitch at high RPM, but low end sounds good, especially idle

tblake
09-01-2005, 03:28 PM
nice, ok, thankyou, I dont really car about when the rpm's are up there. I cant afford to drive with high rpms anymore, Gas prices around here are $3.15 per gallon. Unbelievable. But anyways, thankyou.

Add your comment to this topic!