Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New car 8D

andr3w
08-29-2005, 12:46 AM
Whoops, first posted this under dealer experiences, suppose this one makes more sense.

I've aquired around $25,000 to invest in a new auto. I'm currently driving a 1996 Ford Aspire, so near anything will make me squeal with delight.

I'm leaning toward Volkswagen Jetta and Honda Civic. My complaints, however, are that the Jetta gets poor fuel economy, and I don't like the Civic's interior. Anyone know what the 2006 models of each of these are going to look like? If Civic's interior improves I'll get one of those in a heartbeat, I hear some 90% of the Si concept's style is going to be kept.

Is there anything else worth considering? I'm looking for decent economy (it's going to be hard to give up my Aspire's 40mpg), sportyness and comfort. I intend to take this car on a thousand mile road trip to Texas next Spring, so it'd better be pretty friggin comfortable :-P

I like the Scion xB too, but its lack of stock options piss me
off.

Only company I won't consider is GM, I'll not buy any of their cars until they stop making so fucking many colossal SUVs.

speilman
08-29-2005, 12:22 PM
If you like the Jetta, why not go check out a turbo Diesel model. The fuel economy on those is outstanding and although they're a little more expensive than the gas model, they could be worth considering with the way that oil prices are going right now.
Just my 2cents

drdisque
08-31-2005, 10:21 AM
Might also want to look at the Mazda 3, it has a very nice interior.

andr3w
08-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Might also want to look at the Mazda 3, it has a very nice interior.

i've also been eyeing the corolla xrs, 6 speed manual trans, non-useless speedometer (more than half of it shows legal speeds!) and less than $21,000 fully loaded.

anyone have complaints about that one?

Add your comment to this topic!