Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

clutch???

sjkelly
08-28-2005, 08:55 PM
as of today my car wont run...i was driving and i stopped to talk to these kids and wen i went to go i put the clutch in and started to let it out but i wasnt moving so i figured i was in neutral but i was in first. we stopped the car and it sounded like a little grind and the clutch let out normally but nothing would grab..i have no clue what is wrong can someone please help

superbluecivicsi
08-29-2005, 02:49 AM
assuming clutch fluid, throwout bearing, fork is fine, id say your clutch is gone.

ur2slow4mytypeR
08-29-2005, 03:16 PM
as of today my car wont run...i was driving and i stopped to talk to these kids and wen i went to go i put the clutch in and started to let it out but i wasnt moving so i figured i was in neutral but i was in first. we stopped the car and it sounded like a little grind and the clutch let out normally but nothing would grab..i have no clue what is wrong can someone please help

your clutch is gone you need a new cluch same thing happend to my boys 04 lancer. so u need a new clutch.

ur2slow4mytypeR
08-29-2005, 03:17 PM
your clutch is gone you need a new cluch same thing happend to my boys 04 lancer. so u need a new clutch.

sjkelly
08-30-2005, 10:13 AM
thats wut i thought too but i took it to a machanic and my axel was broke...at least i saved some money

superbluecivicsi
08-30-2005, 12:24 PM
thats wut i thought too but i took it to a machanic and my axel was broke...at least i saved some money

yes. could also be that your axles are not engaing in the tranny, but, that is an easy check. jack up your car and give it a look.

Add your comment to this topic!