Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Wtb a new Gto.

bills84feiro
08-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I am thanking about buying a new Gto, Do you think it would be a good move? What are some thing's I need to know about them?
Thank's Bill

DGB454
08-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Sure buy it. If you want one and have the money then buy what ever you want.

Things to know:
1)Gas miliage isn't that great but I'm guessing fuel economy isn't why people buy GTOs.
2) Some people will give you a hard time about irrelevent things like "It doesn't look like an older GTO" or " It's not made in America" ect...
3) They have plenty of power.
4) They ride and drive great.
5) You will get a little more attention in it than you thought you would. (sometimes from cops)

Buy what you really want.

I have been extremely satisfied with mine and I am an old muscle car guy.

MrPbody
08-30-2005, 08:51 AM
They are awesome performance cars. The price is reasonable, especially considering how much it would cost to get something else that can "run" with it. The LSx engines are tough and respond well to modifications. It is NOT a small block Chevy.
A recent trip to the TriPower Nats in Ohio show the new GTOs to be both completely accepted by the true Pontiac racer crowd, and they live up to the performance "hype" in magazines.
Gotta LOVE that interior...

Jim

rzkz8k
08-30-2005, 11:32 AM
Gas miliage isn't that great but I'm guessing fuel economy isn't why people buy GTOs.

Let's see, 3800 pound car with 400 horses and 400 foot pounds of torque, average city is 20 mpg and average highway is 27.3 mpg.

I have a 05 GTO m6 and that is what I'm getting. Compare that to my old 68 GTO that got around 12 to 13 mpg, I'd say gas milage is fantastic.

DGB454
08-30-2005, 02:36 PM
I would check what you are actually getting compared to what they say you should be getting. I'm getting around 23 hwy and closer to 18 city. Of course I am a bit of a lead foot.

rzkz8k
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
I would check what you are actually getting compared to what they say you should be getting. I'm getting around 23 hwy and closer to 18 city. Of course I am a bit of a lead foot.

I'm a bit spirted in city driving but on the freeway, I'm on cruise control. Remember, I have a manual tranny and they do much better on the highways than the automatics. I'm assuming you have an 05 auto.

Those were my numbers off of the DIC, but you are right, I should measure manually for a few tanks and then average.

DGB454
08-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I have a manual drive. I tend to like to get on it a lot. I usually drive around 80-85 mph on the e-way. I have a long commute on the expressway to work and I always seem to run late. If you are a less aggressive driver than me then you will probably get better milliage than I do.

Add your comment to this topic!