Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How do I get the instruments panel with all the gauges off so I can change the lights

magnum3456
08-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Ok, I'm trying to get the instrument panel with the speedometer and all the other gauges off. I can't get it off because the top of the steering column thing is in the way. How do I get it off so I can change the lights behind the gauges? Please I need help.

XPC2004
08-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Ok, I'm trying to get the instrument panel with the speedometer and all the other gauges off. I can't get it off because the top of the steering column thing is in the way. How do I get it off so I can change the lights behind the gauges? Please I need help.

here it comes...

Did you do a search?

.. I've always wanted to post that.

I posted how to remove the cluster cover to replace the radio, it's the same for replaceing or cleaning your cluster...

1) Always un hook your neg post from battery.

2) pop the dash bezel out
a) undo the four screws/bolts holding it in
b) put your blazer in 1st (press on the brake real hard adn have the emergency on, unless you have blocks behind your tires so it doesn't move, turn your ignition to the on position)
c) drop your tilt all the way down

Now you have clearance to shimmy that sucker out, don't forget to unhook your 4x4 switch and any other cables you need to take off.

That's it, just be careful when you are pulling the plastic, it's flexable, and will need some toying with to get out, but it will pop out.

~Xpc

metallica21156
08-28-2005, 08:54 PM
tried doing that on mine and still wouldn't come out.

Add your comment to this topic!