Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

90 GT's Kick Ass..so Does An 04...

solaris=amazing
08-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Man now i want a mustang even MORE.....F****CK i can't wait to get one..

My good friend just picked up a 90 GT 5.0 5spd, it's pretty much stock except for mac headers, 273 gears (he's got 373's he cannot wait to swap them) exhaust (i believe flowmaster with no tail pipes..loud) and it's got the T5 tranny in it..awesome...(did the T5 come stock on 90 gt's..?)...

Anyway, back to the ride.....the launch is not head snapping cause of the 273's..the owner put them on for top end...but once you get moving, DAMN...... AND this is with him driving, me in the passenger seat weighing 260lbs..and my bro in the back weighing 230 or so....

What's driving me mad now, is the fact that i love both the newer style bodies 00-04 yet i love the rawness of the lighter, early 90's 5.0 engine.. Nothing like that low end torque....but then again, i also like the sound of a 4.6 winding up to like 4K and taking off...

What would you guys suggest..? On one hand, i love the early models..and could get one cheap, say under 5K..or i could get that 5K and put it down on a 2000 then finance the rest..

PS, i asked him what he thought his car would do in the 1/4....he said it should hit VERY HIGH 14's....How is that possible, it feels so fast compared to my car, and my car is a mid to high 15's car (95 4.6l tbird/327 rear/auto/cai/no mufflers)...

neatofrito1618
08-28-2005, 04:58 PM
99-04 gt's do the 1/4 mile in the low 14's and the 90 gt should do it in the high 14's. and i would go with the newer gt.

Silver Fox
08-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Man now i want a mustang even MORE.....F****CK i can't wait to get one..

My good friend just picked up a 90 GT 5.0 5spd, it's pretty much stock except for mac headers, 273 gears (he's got 373's he cannot wait to swap them) exhaust (i believe flowmaster with no tail pipes..loud) and it's got the T5 tranny in it..awesome...(did the T5 come stock on 90 gt's..?)...

Anyway, back to the ride.....the launch is not head snapping cause of the 273's..the owner put them on for top end...but once you get moving, DAMN...... AND this is with him driving, me in the passenger seat weighing 260lbs..and my bro in the back weighing 230 or so....

What's driving me mad now, is the fact that i love both the newer style bodies 00-04 yet i love the rawness of the lighter, early 90's 5.0 engine.. Nothing like that low end torque....but then again, i also like the sound of a 4.6 winding up to like 4K and taking off...

What would you guys suggest..? On one hand, i love the early models..and could get one cheap, say under 5K..or i could get that 5K and put it down on a 2000 then finance the rest..

PS, i asked him what he thought his car would do in the 1/4....he said it should hit VERY HIGH 14's....How is that possible, it feels so fast compared to my car, and my car is a mid to high 15's car (95 4.6l tbird/327 rear/auto/cai/no mufflers)...

Well, man, I think I would go with the 2000 GT. I built one with my
son and it would move.

With a stock engine, 70mm throttle body and mass air, cold air intake beefed up T5, 3.73's Complete Hotchkis rear suspension, and a set of 10 inch wheels wrapped in Dunlop 315 40 ZR17 tires it could hold it's own. We had it about a year and dropped a bottle of laughing gas in the back and set it up for a 100 shot. It would walk off and leave a corvette Z 06 without any trouble. If you put the nitrous on a stock engine you have to buy a real good setup especially the solenoids. No cheapies there or you'll carry your motor home in a basket.
I recommend an MSD ignition that has the ability to adjust timing when you light the fuse. To be safe anything over a 100 shot you need to have the internals of the motor beefed up (ie rods, pistons, probably a main cap girdle) etc.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is this. Do not spend thousands of dollars on a car that is owned by the finance company. Pay the car off before you start putting any serious money into it. Enough said!!

Hey, good luck on your search.

Kent Mathew
Dallas, TX

solaris=amazing
08-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks guys..

BTW, i don't think i'll be modding my stang to much, just the basics like intake, headers and exhaust for a good sound.

Silverfox, i can't even imagine having nitrous like what you describe, that's awesome.. I would like to stick to a newer stang, most likely a 99 or 2000...but the early gt's are just more fun for some reason..

Add your comment to this topic!