Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

squeak on turn

speedsters9
08-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Not sure what the problem is but it is annoying. Here's the scoop, when I turn R or L and moving around 30km or more I have a whine type squeak, almost like rubber squealing on smooth asphalt. The reason I know it isn't my front tires is this happens on a gravel road as well, and I had a 4 wheel alignment only 2 months ago.

I know it's not a cv joint, and it's not the tires. Could it be my front sway bar D type bushings? Or maybe my power steering belt? I know it's not the power steering pump because it would be more of a growling noise if it was having trouble... and when the car is in park and I turn the wheel hard R or L there is no noise.

Any ideas?

thanks

vilerage
08-28-2005, 04:46 PM
while it's whining, does the wheel jerk, or does the amount of effort needed to turn go up a lot?

speedsters9
08-30-2005, 12:03 AM
There hasn't been a noticeable difference in the amount of effort required to turn. Used to just squeak on a right hand turn, now it'll squeak on a right or left hand turn and only if the car is moving more than say 15 mph or 20 km ph. If I'm doing 80 km/hr or 45 mph going over an overpass with a gradual left hand turn it'll squeak through the whole turn.

Add your comment to this topic!