Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

still trying to fix my pos car (maf relay question)

atv087
08-28-2005, 03:22 PM
replaced maf which was supposidly bad still hesitating and backfireing sounds like neer the intake the car shudders now is there a relay for the maf and if so where is it located on my car because when i disconnect the maf and drive it doesnt do it but when i plug it in and drive it hesiates like crazy i cant go more than 15 mph up hill it sucks so if anyone knows where the maf relay on this car is please tell me

atv087
08-29-2005, 12:21 AM
well i found out there is no maf relay on my car so this brings me to could it be my iac my throttle position sensor or my ignition control moduel also could the iat do this

turtle_time85
09-08-2005, 11:12 PM
for like $20.00 you can get a repair manual from Haynes... it is helpful, for just about anything

HotZ28
09-11-2005, 08:16 PM
You should have some codes, have you checked them?

Alibi
09-13-2005, 12:00 AM
I'm having similar problems with a car of mine. I haven't been able to totally elimanate the problem yet, but so far replacing the MAF, vacuum hoses, air filter, and especially the fuel filter has helped it.

Most of the mechanics and guys at autozone are thinking that the timing is off...which requires that you replace the timing chain and gears (~$50 for parts, 100-200 labor). Is your car idling really rough?

I haven't been getting any codes on my problem either...but yeah, a haynes or better yer, a Chilton would be a nice addition to your tool collection for any future problem as well as this one.

atv087
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM
i fixed my car
turns out the coil pack which was pretty new and i didnt see it in the daylight was arching and it was bad so i replaced that and the wires and the car runs like a ddream again

Add your comment to this topic!