Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya Ford Focus WRC

Rich
05-06-2002, 06:34 PM
I havent done a kit in a while, but I was downtown today, and thought I would just take a look around the hobby shop. :rolleyes:

I ended up leaving with a Tamiya Ford Focus WRC (http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/24217focus/focus.htm)

and a bunch of supplys. After reading about, and looking at some pics, I have really wanted to do a bunch of WRC kits, but the local store hasnt had any until now (they have a ton of different ones now :D ), and I was too cheap to pay shipping to get some from HLJ.

The focus will keep me busy for now, and I will be going back to get an Impreza WRC next week.

My first question will be....

To those who have done this kit, or one of the similar Focus WRC kits, are there any things I should be aware of before starting? Any one have any hints for me? or is it pretty much straight-forward?

I am very much looking forward to adding this kit to my collection. :)

Twist
05-06-2002, 08:55 PM
I haven't done any focus WRC's or foci period (hate 'em, just my opinion). I'm sure that's a great way to start out, but enjoy your model. To each his own. Be sure you read all of the Important threads at the top of the forum. You MUST use primer. There are no options. Other than that, take your time and ask us any questions you might have. :)

Fizzychops
05-07-2002, 01:42 AM
The Tamiya ford focus kit is easy. I've built about 5. Many different schemes are available from Rennaisance and Studio 27. You can also get transkits to produce the years before the new Tamiya 2001 kit came out.
I'm part way through a Red Bull 2000 focus and next will build a "Remember" focus from last years NZ rally.

Add your comment to this topic!