Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aoshima wheels

D16 V-TEC
05-06-2002, 04:53 PM
Does anyone know if Aoshima wheels will fit a Fujimi model? My friend is gonna make a Lexus IS300 RS200 by Fujimi but I want to make sure the wheels will fit before I order them off HLJ. BTW, my project is going to be a Fujimi S13 Silvia with Volk TE37's :).

Twist
05-06-2002, 05:50 PM
They're the same style (female wheels, male hubs on the brakes), but they don't match up exactly. I'm working on a 280Z and adding Aoshima BBS LM wheels to it. They don't really match up, but I'll make 'em.

D16 V-TEC
05-06-2002, 07:35 PM
How hard is the modification going to be?? If it is too hard, we might have to reconsider his wheel choice.

XenoKryst
05-06-2002, 07:39 PM
From what i have seen with my lot of wheels from both, I have noticed that they do have the same connectors as the Fujimi but Aoshima's are a lot deeper into the rim than the Fujimi's are. Confusing huh?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Basically its like this, Fujimi's connectors that stick out of the inside of the rim are longer and Aoshima's are shorter. You'll have to modify the suspension connector (part that connects to the rim) to fit. May look odd but you have to try and get it right(perfect). Frustrating for me.:rolleyes:

D16 V-TEC
05-06-2002, 07:42 PM
As long as no major reshaping is needed, its all good. Do either of you, or anyone else for that matter, know if they male and female parts from each company are different diameters. That is the one thing I am really worried about.

Twist
05-06-2002, 08:27 PM
lemme go check... :D

Edit:
I'm back and here's what I've got. My Aoshima wheels seem to have the same external radius, but they are thinner and have a larger inner radius. Lemme think how the demonstrate...

(((( )))) that's Fujimi wheels (( )) that's Aoshima wheels

In reality it isn't that extreme, but it is something that must be dealt with. :silly2:

D16 V-TEC
05-06-2002, 08:30 PM
Thanks Twist, but don't bother:o . We found a set of Fujimi wheels that are close enough that they are acceptable so we will be ordering those instead. Thanks for all your help though!

Twist
05-06-2002, 08:35 PM
no problem... I still got work on it. Maybe I should do a tutorial on wheels and swapping them up.

Jay!
05-06-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Twist
no problem... I still got work on it. Maybe I should do a tutorial on wheels and swapping them up. By all means... :D

Twist
05-06-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by jay@af
By all means... :D

Would I get an "Important" thread designation?(depending on quality of course).

Jay!
05-06-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Twist
Would I get an "Important" thread designation?(depending on quality of course). You'd get a link from the FAQ we're trying to post... ;)

Twist
05-06-2002, 09:00 PM
I'll start work on it after next tuesday when I can finally start living. I have hard exams after hard exams until then.

I personally have to do:

Tamiya wheels on a Fujimi kit
Fujimi wheels on a Fujimi kit (difficult I know)
Aoshima wheels on a Fujimi kit and finally but some time in the future
Fujimi wheels on a Tamiya kit.

Add your comment to this topic!