Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No compression on #2 cylinder, need a little help?

unioncreek
08-26-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm not too familiar with the Integra that my son bought, so I need to ask a few questions here. The engine doesn't have any compression on the #2 cylinder the rest of the cylinders had 180#'s. By using my air compression to pressure the cylinder on the compression stroke we found out that the air is coming out of the exhaust. So it could be a burned valve. I forgot to check the valve springs, but I'm going to pull the valve cover again and check them to make sure a spring isn't collasped.

Anyother help or comments are greatly appreciated.

Bobg

mpumas
08-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Either a burnt or bent valve. Good luck.

superbluecivicsi
08-29-2005, 02:39 AM
ideal b18b is 200psi. ideal b18c1 and b18c5 should be 270psi. ill assume itsa b18b. thats a little low, but, as long as you dont go past 135psi across the board, itll run. may not have the power you want, but, itll run. what did dropping a little oil in the cylinders show?

no compression #2 with air coming out of exhaust with engine at normal operating temps. smoking? i bet the car runs like crap.

id say, give it a leakdown test too just so you can have the numbers.

more than likely its the exhaust valves. when you rip off the head, you'll get the chance to look at the cylinder walls and pistons.

Add your comment to this topic!