Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Amp-Subs

Holden23
08-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I'm a newbie when it comes to car audio systems, and I have a question about what I want to do with my car. I went an Alpine IVA-D900 with 2 Kicker Solo-Baric S12L7's (i have the money cuz i thought i was going to have to buy my own car but my parents got me a car instead) and my question is what type of amp do I use? Would it be sufficient enough to run one Kicker KX1200.1 amp to power both subs or no? I wouldnt know what specs to write about because i dont know what they mean yet, though im trying to learn. Also, I want to get a component system from Kicker also, which is composed of a crosover, 2 tweets and 2 midranges. That would require an additional multi-channel amp correct? Please respond, comment on how you think the system would sound, and also add whatever else I would need to pwer the system (capacitors? Additional batteries?) Thanks for bearing with me!

pimprolla112
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Look into a hifonics, ppi, orion or any amp from the recomended list of audio equipment. Kicker is usually overpriced.

PaulD
08-26-2005, 12:03 PM
dang, it's sound like crap with no mids/hi speakers

L|_|da
08-26-2005, 03:16 PM
id go with another company, kicker is pretty overpriced.

AndonD454
08-27-2005, 09:48 PM
what kind of car is it? what kind of music do you like?

L7s arent bad.. but there is a lot out there that has better sound quality if thats what youre after. yeah the 1200.1 is a great amp, but like these guys said kicker amps are kinda pricey..

also, kicker components are ok.. but theres much better for the price. and yeah they would require another amp.. lieka 2 channel.

have you looked at all into some of the internet brands out there? they provide great products at great prices

Add your comment to this topic!