Security System Problem

jti2480
08-25-2005, 03:13 PM
I have read a couple of the security issues that others are having with their Jeeps. I have a 95 Grand Cherokee Limited and ever since it was fixed from an accident, the alarm decides when it is going to go off. It only happens when the jeep is locked and happens so randomly. The only way I seem to be able to keep the alarm from sounding when the car is locked is if fuse 6 and 7 are pulled out. It is a pain to pull these out and put them back in every time I lock and before I start the car. Is there anything that I can do or a wire that I can cut that will make this madness stop? I have taken it back to the repair shop and they said that they don't see a problem.

Les Gager
08-25-2005, 03:37 PM
I have read a couple of the security issues that others are having with their Jeeps. I have a 95 Grand Cherokee Limited and ever since it was fixed from an accident, the alarm decides when it is going to go off. It only happens when the jeep is locked and happens so randomly. The only way I seem to be able to keep the alarm from sounding when the car is locked is if fuse 6 and 7 are pulled out. It is a pain to pull these out and put them back in every time I lock and before I start the car. Is there anything that I can do or a wire that I can cut that will make this madness stop? I have taken it back to the repair shop and they said that they don't see a problem.

I`M NOT AN EXPERT BUT I THINK THE PROBLEM COULD BE THE MOTION SENSORS INSIDE, IF YOU PUSH THE REMOTE BUTTON TWICE TO SET THE ALARM, I BELIEVE IT DEACTIVATES THEM (FOR WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR DOG INSIDE, ETC). WORTH TRYING.
OBVIOUSLY A POSSIBLE WORK AROUND, DOSENT CURE THE FAULT.

dksob81
08-25-2005, 04:58 PM
try unplugging the hood switch in the engine compartment (passengerside, on the hood rail). leave it unplugged for a few days to see if it happens anymore. these switches alwyas get messed with and when the wind blows it will move the hoo enough to ground the connection and make the security system thing it is being tampered with.

jti2480
08-29-2005, 04:24 PM
try unplugging the hood switch in the engine compartment (passengerside, on the hood rail). leave it unplugged for a few days to see if it happens anymore. these switches alwyas get messed with and when the wind blows it will move the hoo enough to ground the connection and make the security system thing it is being tampered with.

I have unplugged the hood switch and it has solved the problem. Now if I reconnect it in a couple of days should this problem go away?

dksob81
08-29-2005, 06:38 PM
No the problem proabably won't go away. What you will need to do is get a new switch because it is wore out and not being pushed down enough to disengage or you could glue something onto the plastic block that is on the hood itself which pushes the button down. Glue something about 1/4' thick onto it so it iwll push the button down and keep it down.

Add your comment to this topic!