Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dexcool

ArnzCardz
08-25-2005, 01:51 PM
Someone told me today that GM was not using dexcool anymore. When did they decide to admit that it didn't work? That crap cost me alot of money that GM didn't admit it was in the wrong.. Sorry, venting...

ZL1power69
08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
Someone told me today that GM was not using dexcool anymore. When did they decide to admit that it didn't work? That crap cost me alot of money that GM didn't admit it was in the wrong.. Sorry, venting...

I agree. never use dexcool. i knew someone with a`97 yukon with 180,000 on it. the dexcool over time ate the cooling system apart. needed new rad, waterpump, and engine rebuild. again i agree, never use dexshit.

tblake
08-25-2005, 08:30 PM
"death cool" ha ha ha. The 3.1 V6 GM motors are prone to blowing the lower intake gasket, causing coolant to leak into the oil, which I have heard in some cases to have eroded at aluminum heads put on most later 3.1's. I flushed my system once and put the green stuff in, and then not far down the road I brought it to a chevy garage to have it checked out, you know, inspected before a long drive, and the crooked bastards put the damn expensive dex cool back in, and said that the only problem they found was that my car needed a coolant flush. i was like, um, yeah ,bullshit, I just did that a few months ago. Ah well, live and learn, and always use green.

redwheeler
08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
no no no gm still uses dex cool it is far better then the green shit the problem was with leaking rad caps allowing air into the system and people thinking that because it was long life they did not have to maintain it dex cool is far better if used properly

tblake
08-28-2005, 06:18 PM
hmmmm, well now I've heard everything. So far everyone I've talked to hates the dex crap. I myself think the green stuff is plenty good, if well kept up and maintained, then the green stuff will do just fine. Why did GM go and fuck with shit that has worked in vehicles to date? I just dont understand. Must be a money game.

Add your comment to this topic!