Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Monte Carlo Electrical Problems

bayouplayer
08-25-2005, 01:23 PM
I've been having this problem for about 6 months now and no one has an ideal on how to fix it. My battery indicator is always high. Once night falls, it goes into the red as an alarm. This also causes my turn signal to not work from time to time. Also my headlights will not come on or they will go out while driving. I've tested the battery, replace the signal/wipe switch, and I've replaced the dash cluster. Does anyone has any ideal what the problem might be?

montecarlossfan
08-25-2005, 04:38 PM
well my guess is that your alternator is on its way out, or has a bad voltage regulator..since most of the power is used at night...try this...turn on ur a/c , headlights, hazards, radio, wipers etc and see what the needle does..it should drop..if its the alternator

bayouplayer
09-01-2005, 04:46 PM
I tried that but the indicator didn't move, it's still to the max. I got the alternator tested and it's ok. what else could it be?

corning_d3
09-02-2005, 01:27 AM
Have the battery load tested, and retighten all battery terminals and the terminal on the back of the alternator. Also, try to track down the ground wire from the battery to the engine. Check for damage retighten if necessary.

Add your comment to this topic!