Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

87 Subaru wagon

mgbgtspecial
08-25-2005, 11:01 AM
... is looking for a new home (before my backyard looks like a junkyard)
Posting this for someone else so e-mail me if you are interested in it and I'll get you more info (super cheap but you'll have to pick it up)

This is a parts car or for restore. Runs well, shifts well, nice interior, was a daily driver before it was taken off the road with the purchase of a new car, 140k approx., axleboots replaced recently, always well maintained, carborated 87 not fuel injected, vacuum on carb recently fixed. Still run regularly even though it's not on the road.

The brake lines are shot but are possibly going to be replaced in the coming month, needs some axle work, rust in the usual spots (hood, etc.) but was Ziebard'ed so it held up pretty well and this car was loved as it replaced a beloved '79 Ru. The interior is in great shape (blue checkerboard velvetineish cloth, aside from some sunfading, dash and components work and are in good shape, radio is an am/fm with some wiring to the speaker issues (comes in and out, could be the head dying), bumpers are in good shape, never been in an accident. 4wd works fine, good tires, all four original hubcaps, ski rack, map lights, original spare, manuals, jack, exhaust seems solid, passed inspection with flying colors last time it was on the road (approx. 1.5 years ago).

This car will be sold AS IS, and you'll have to pick it up Southeast MA, unless we get the brake lines fixed, but I still wouldn't suggest you drive any car that has sat for a year anywhere except to a local mechanic or if you live within a few miles of where you are picking up. Make an offer, ANY OFFER :)

e-mail me at mmurrayatwheatoncollegedotnet

I may be able to e-mail you some pics if you are interested. Will not part out the car, sorry.

Add your comment to this topic!