Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

someone from italy shipping with hlj ?

piero oscurato
08-24-2005, 03:02 PM
hi i'm new with this forum and
i had problem with paying an order from hlj.
there's someone from italy
can help me solving this problem

freakmech
08-24-2005, 03:15 PM
welcome! what sort of problem did you have? im not in Italy, wish i was, but just curious what the problem was.

piero oscurato
08-24-2005, 03:29 PM
i've no credit card (i've pre-payed credit card but they don't accept it), to send a check by mail isn't a good idea, to send a postal money order, the post office said me i've to call the person which i was sending the money to and tell him to go to the post office and get the money... and other. now i've an open order but i'm not able to pay. what can i do ?

p.s. someone can tell me how to insert images at the end of the post ?

freakmech
08-24-2005, 03:46 PM
first off, thats odd you cant use pre-paid credit cards, i wanted to do this my self as there is no interest on them. there is probably a fee which is why they dont.

second, there are complete insructions on how to use postal payment or bank drafts on the HLJ web site. read them but it seems a bit of a hassle.

third, you need to go to the gallery and upload images and then paste them so they appear at the bottom or assign the image to your signature in your "user profile" if you want the same image all the time. this is described in the FAQ.

you might want to ask a friend or family to use there credit card and give them cash for your order. Hope this helps.

Philmodelcar
08-24-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm not located in Italy, I'm from Belgium and if I can give you an advice, do not order a too big amount at the first order because the custom services may intercept your package and then you need to pay a tax...usually the import tax + the VAT is higher than what's in the package !
That's why after 2 orders at HLJ and 2 tax to pay, I have definitely stopped ordering at HLJ...

toki71
08-25-2005, 03:44 AM
hi to everybody, I'm new too to this forum!
pietro: sono italiano anch'io e ho ordinato da hlj diversse volte, ho pagato sempre con la carta di credito, la merce arriva puntuale ed imballata perfettamente. non ho mai pagato tasse o importi successivi alla dogana.

for the rest of the world: I've said to pietro thatI'm italian too and I ordered a couple of times from hlj, but I always used my credit card for paying and I didn't pay any extra fee or import tax.

cheers!

toki71
08-25-2005, 04:18 AM
Hi to everybody, I'm new too to this forum and I'm from Italy also.

Pietro: ordino regolarmente da hlj, ma pago sempre con la carta di credito. Non ho mai pagato tasse doganali o altro.

For the rest of the world, I've said to pietro that I ordered from hlj several times, but I always use a "regular" ( i.e. not pre payed) credit card for paying. Never charged with import tax.

sjelic
08-25-2005, 04:35 AM
I noticed that there were some problems with Italy on other sites (Internet shops). I supose that there were some problems with stolen cards or something like that and some shops don't accept cards from first time buyers.
So you need to have someone who is old buyer to vaucher for you.

toki71
08-25-2005, 06:49 AM
mediamixhobby doesn't ship to Italy unless you pay through paypal (no thanks, 3% more on the price); www.1999.co.jp refuse my credit card: they said that maybe I've to obtain a special authorization from my bank to make deal outside my country: sound pretty strange to me because I have NO problem whatsoever shopping from racingminiatures, hlj, scaleracecars, hobbyworld, best1hobby, spotmodel,etc....

Bootsy
08-25-2005, 10:50 AM
You should try to search here:
http://195.250.236.135/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Category&CID=4&SID=27275

There are a lot of topics about hlj and e-shopping and about shipmets to italy in the "kit di montaggio" section.

Ti aspettiamo!
Marco

piero oscurato
08-25-2005, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=toki71]hi to everybody, I'm new too to this forum!
pietro: sono italiano anch'io e ho ordinato da hlj diversse volte, ho pagato sempre con la carta di credito, la merce arriva puntuale ed imballata perfettamente. non ho mai pagato tasse o importi successivi alla dogana.

for the rest of the world: I've said to pietro thatI'm italian too and I ordered a couple of times from hlj, but I always used my credit card for paying and I didn't pay any extra fee or import tax.

do you have a normal credit card or other like posta pay ? i wanted to pay with the last one but they don't accept it

piero oscurato
08-25-2005, 11:06 AM
hi bootsy if i'm not wrong i red something about you on model tribe. isn't right ?

toki71
08-26-2005, 06:36 AM
I have a normale credit card

strike76
08-26-2005, 07:07 AM
we piero , come dice bootsy fai un salto su modellismo.net/forum , o sul mio sito tuttomodel.it

Trovi tutte le risposte alle tue domande !!!!

Bootsy
08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
hi bootsy if i'm not wrong i red something about you on model tribe. isn't right ?

Hey, I'm famous. :D
Yeah, I wrote a couple of times for modeltribe, hope what u read was interesting...

Add your comment to this topic!