Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Battery change caused ABS light

ld5221
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
I rcently replaced my battery on 2000 Isuzu Rodeo and the ABS light came on. Is there anything that I could do to reset this light? I have the ABS sensor replaced about a year ago and everything was working fine until this battery change.
Thanks.

amigo-2k
08-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Disconnect the battery and reconnect and see what happens.

check your ABS fuse too.

After that you will need to have the ABS codes read.

wb4lbg
08-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Could just be a coincidence that the light came on after changing the battery. There are two ABS fuses, one in the underdash fusebox and one in the underhood fusebox. Be sure to check both.

If the fuses are good, save some $$ and read the codes yourself. Go to your OBDII connector under the dash and insert a wire between terminals 4 and 12. Then put the ignition switch in the ON position. The ABS light will flash the error codes stored in the ABS module. Each code is a 2 digit number. Count the flashes for the first digit, then for the second digit. Each code is flashed three times. The codes are preceeded by Code 12 (one flash/two flash) and Code 12 will flash again three times at the end.

There's a nice little .pdf with the procedure in it. Maybe I can get Ryan to put it in the FAQ's. If not, post your codes and I will look them up for you.

JWS
'99 LSE 4WD

amigo-2k
08-24-2005, 01:17 PM
send me what you have (pdf)

ryan_endres@juno.com

ld5221
08-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Disconnecting the battery didn't help. I'll try to check the codes next.

Add your comment to this topic!