Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Cops

EVOclipse
08-23-2005, 09:47 PM
ok regardless for all the jeering and harassing of drifting in a parking lot(Cause yeah everyone can afford and has a track or driftpark lying around and drifting in traffic is so much better too) Ok now onto my post.. i was driving home from work after having to have my car jumped (lame o) and i wanted to charge my battery up a bit more and i live like 3/4 mile from a mall. and its on my way home i figure a few passes in a small section of outlying parking lot thats deserted. wouldnt hurt im never there long enough to attract attention. so i go about 1 min of drifting in. at most. i goto leave and i notice a sherriff hauling ass from a good distance still from me 100 yards atleast so i wait watching him close in on me as im leaving the parking lot all nice and calmly, so he puts on his lights i pull over and kill my car(ergo now my battery) he cites me for "careless driving" and thats going to be 3 points and 118$ and thats because hes nice for not wreckless driving. anyways my point is. i looked up the definition of the law online. and it states on the streets and highways. if anything i should only have been giving a parking violation being that i was on private property. so im pretty sure im going to take it to court also knowing that he was a ways away and didnt really see much of what or how i was driving he probly only heard me. so tell me what you guys think.

The 2005 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter

316.1925 Careless driving.--

(1) Any person operating a vehicle upon the streets or highways within the state shall drive the same in a careful and prudent manner, having regard for the width, grade, curves, corners, traffic, and all other attendant circumstances, so as not to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person. Failure to drive in such manner shall constitute careless driving and a violation of this section.

(2) Any person who violates this section shall be cited for a moving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318.

History.--s. 1, ch. 71-135; ss. 1, 6, ch. 76-31; s. 24, ch. 96-350.

Note.--Former s. 316.030.

2of9
08-24-2005, 01:15 AM
fight it and see what happens.

drdisque
08-24-2005, 02:01 AM
everyone thinks that because they're on private property that they can't get a ticket, they're flat out wrong. Police have jurisdiction to write tickets on anything with unrestricted access to a public road, this INCLUDES parking lots without gates, driveways, and most private roads. Claiming that you shouldn't get a ticket because you were in a parking lot in court will make you look like a major idiot.

EVOclipse
08-24-2005, 01:41 PM
regardless the law states streets and highways, if someone does donuts in my front lawn they get destruction of property charges but not wreckless driving

drdisque
08-24-2005, 11:54 PM
your front lawn is not an open access parking lot. look further in the statutes, there's always a very exhaustive description of what is included in state roads and highways.

drftk1d
08-25-2005, 03:16 PM
even though your wrong, fight it anyway.

he

-The Stig-
08-25-2005, 07:31 PM
good luck with that.

EVOclipse
08-25-2005, 11:25 PM
well further inspection the cop wrote doing donuts and checked off careless driving...so im thinking that with the distance he was at theres no way he actually saw very much in the 920pm parkinglot. plus theres not any donut marks and VERY little from what ive done(over weeks) and theyre irreguarly placed and no one saw me make them. i just figure regardless he was just doing it to be a dick..if i had been an asshole i probly could have left the parkinglot before he got to me(i live very close) but i waited so it was pretty lame all in all i just wanna stick it to him

EVOclipse
08-25-2005, 11:26 PM
oh and theyres nothing careless about sliden around a little ole bit of desserted parking lot hehe, its more control then most of them cops that are always wrecking theyre cars have. =P DRIFT ON MOTHERFUCKERS (:note:next time get a turbo car that can get away)

(edit) LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND...guess i have some document searching to do

b) A municipality may exercise jurisdiction over any private road or roads, or over any limited access road or roads owned or controlled by a special district, located within its boundaries if the municipality and party or parties owning or controlling such road or roads provide, by written agreement approved by the governing body of the municipality, for municipal traffic control jurisdiction over the road or roads encompassed by such agreement. Pursuant thereto:

R.W.240
09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
Soo... Your battery needs to be charged so you decide to do some "drifting" (CV killing understeer donuts) in a mall parking lot and then think your smart enough to fight the ticket the cop gave you for said stupidity.

Righteous.

EVOclipse
09-02-2005, 11:03 PM
A. i wasnt doing donuts.
B. MY CAR wasnt Understeering
C. Fuck you i had a blast "drifting" in the only safe environment accessable. and i would totally pay a fine if caught but points on my license isnt cool.

ac427cpe
09-14-2005, 12:14 PM
so, how did it go?

EVOclipse
09-14-2005, 04:54 PM
ive been procrastinating. so far ive gotten millions of flyers for traffic schools which is so aggrevating but one caught my eye at the right time ( dinner time ) and i was like damn food is included in the cost of the school not bad like really bad dinner theature and no more points lol ....so who knows what im going to do. aside from procrastinating im also indecisive

Add your comment to this topic!