Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Want some opinions...

MclarenF1
08-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone. How are things out in Z land? I hope everyone has had a more relaxing past two weeks than I have.

Anyway, I just wanted to get some general opinions about something that I'm getting ready to do to my car. My wheels are a little scratched up, and the clear coat on them is getting slightly foggy in spots. I am thinking about sanding them down and respraying them this weekend, but I'm not sure whether I am going to use the OEM silver color or not.

I am considering the following ideas:

Paint each wheel entirely in "champagne" (a sort of silvery gold).

OR

Paint each wheel in champagne, but polish the small lip that the wheel weights mount on.

OR

Paint each wheel bronze.

In case you are wondering why I like the champagne color, my car is cobalt green pearl and the best descriptor for the pinstripe that goes down the side of the car is champagne.

I never really considered bronze, but a couple of my friends believe it would look good. I think I would have to lose the pin stripe if I went with that idea, or I would end up with clashing colors. The stripe would be a major pain to completely remove, though.

Just some ideas. If I had Photoshop I would play around with the ideas some more- but alas- I don't.

Let me know what you guys think! If you think any of the ideas are horrible, that's okay. I want honesty. :biggrin:

freakonaleash1187
08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
i never really thought of painting wheels a champagne color. im trying to imagine what it would look like but its hard to if i never have seen it. post up a side pic of your car.

xXxRocker5150
08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
hmmm, if your car is the one in your signature I'd say stick with chrome, or go black/gunmetal. just my .02 though....

MclarenF1
08-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Yeah, that's me and my car in the signature. I'm not sure... the gunmetal might not contrast well with the green and shades of tan theme my car has going on. I'll have to think about that idea. I can see how this might be hard to visualize, so I'm going to try and get hold of a digital camera tomorrow and post some close up side view pics of my car.

Keep the suggestions coming. I'm definitely going to do something with the wheels, I'm just not sure what yet.

1viadrft
08-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Yeah... not too sure about your colors.... how about white? That hasn't been done and would match your Z's color...

DeleriousZ
08-23-2005, 11:31 PM
i really really like the stock chrome rims with the green z's... just stands out and compliments the car so well.. i'd never own white rims... but that's just me..

k3smostwanted
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Chrome is so early 90's....:lol:

anyways, the gunmetal would contrast well if you didnt have the whole tan interior and pinstripe going on. gunmetal would not go well with the tan...but would look very nice on green.

i think bronze wheels would look really nice but i think the stockers painted bronze would look tacky and take away from the classiness and finess of the car.

my suggestion: i cant really picture the champagne color beings i ahve never seen it done. but it is either that or the stock silver. i like the polished lip idea...i have seen it done on the stockers painted black and it tends to make the wheels look aftermarket.

try the champagne...if you dont like it, sand it back down next weekend and try a new one. thats the beauty of paint...

Add your comment to this topic!