Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Blazer - Instrument Cluster Warning Lights

rasmith527
08-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Quick question. Has anyone experienced the warning lights (ABS, Security, Brake, Battery, Fuel Low, Seat Belt) in the instrument cluster coming on while driving or at start up? In addition, the temp gauge and the fuel gauge are affected too. I was told POSSIBLY it could be a bad cluster (which I don’t believe). The lights soon go out after a while and the gauges resume their current reading. I have to mention that my Blazer is experiencing those leaking oil lines at the oil filter. Could this be the cause? Could it be causing a short? I had the ABS system checked by a Chevy dealer, but they weren’t able to find any codes in the system to justify the ABS light coming on. When the lights do come on, it affects my overhead console readings for fuel, MPG, etc. Are these symptoms familiar to anyone? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

s10blazerman4x4
08-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Whats up with all the double posting lately?Kinda gets people confused.

bwise
01-30-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm having the same problem with my 99 Jimmy. Please help!
abs, security, low fuel, battery lights all come on. Usually they go off after
a while. While on, fuel guage and water temp guages don't work.

Rick Norwood
01-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Do a Forum search on ignition switch. I had the same basic trouble on my 2001. 97's were particularly bad, but a lot of different years were affected. I have a thread on this somewhere, but if you start a disassembly, wiggle the pink wire going into the igition switch.

Add your comment to this topic!