Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Success, Or Not?

stang_racer20
08-22-2005, 08:15 PM
I installed the Mark 8 fan w/ a 75a Bosch relay wired up w/ a temp sender. I also upgraded to a 3G 130amp alternator via an ebay kit. Well the car fired right up and everything seemed great. However, I immediatley tested the alternator output and it was putting out 16v even, checking it at the starter solenoid and post to post. Thats with only parking lights on, no accessories. Is that overcharging too much or will it be ok?

Havent had a chance yet to see if the fan is hooked up properly, cause it was only running for 30 seconds. Also as far as the Mark 8 fan goes, I see many people running a large fuse(~100a) right of the positive batt post to the bosch relay. My fan install kit came with a circuit breaker, will that be fine to use? I'm not sure how they are rated to amps.

stang_racer20
08-23-2005, 07:15 AM
anyone?

Simioh
08-23-2005, 12:57 PM
haha it hasnt even been 12 hours since u posted the thread, give the people a chance. personally i wouldnt trust buyin electrical stuff off of ebay, ive only bought the solid bolt on stuff that u know cant break or anything, like exhaust and intake. well good luck with ur car.

Add your comment to this topic!