Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Power Door Window Motor Removal

Peggy O'Sullivan
08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Well now that I managed to get the door panel off, thanks to your help, I'm now trying to find out how to remove the power window motor. I've checked and I have power to the switch and to the motor, but the window still doesn't want to move. It looks like the motor is pop rivited on...that can't be true? Anybody know the trick to take it out, or do I get out the drill? If I do find that the motor is bad, does anybody have a good place to get a replacement motor for a 2001 Ford 150 Supercrew? Thanks for your help!

BULLITTR6
08-22-2005, 10:01 PM
I'm not sure, but it could very well be pop riveted. I had to drill a hole in the interior sheet metal structure to access one of the attach bolts on mine.

I found O'riellys Auto Parts had my actuator.... in stock no less!

Good luck.

OldBlue95EB
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
In my 97' we replaced the passenger side power window moter, and we had to drill out a hole to get to a bot on the motor and they are pop riveted. I think we went and drilled out three rivots.

Peggy O'Sullivan
09-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Thanks...your right, you do have to drill em' out. Funny thing was I got the motor out and got a new one but before installing the new one, I checked to make sure it worked...it did! Then just messing around, I tried the old one that I had pulled out, and guess what, it worked! I've reinstalled the old one and it is still a little sluggish and possibly a little noisier, but it works. I still may have a problem in there, but I'm gonna wait till it totally dies to figure it out! Thanks for your help!

Add your comment to this topic!