Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Bang for my buck

NewEngSurf
08-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Hey guys. this is my first post and i was lookin on buying a chevy blazer, i currently have a 1992 maxima and i love it but i want an SUV. ill be leaving for college in less then a year and i want somehting i can bring to college and go surfing with and take to the beach. My price range will be anywhere between 4-8 grand. I have been looking at the Z series (Zr2) i believe cuz i guess its wider and has larger tires and tends to come with a manuel transmission? If u guys where in my price range what would u do. When do these transmissions tend to go around 120-140k. u think i should try and find one with a rebuilt/new transmission with that many miles for say under 5 grand? I want options too. do they make a sunroof? hows the leather? how are the transmissions? I know these SUVs arnt fast but are they slow? Any input on buying a blazer would be helpfull thanx

BlazerLT
08-22-2005, 04:06 PM
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/index.cfm/act/usedcarsearch/

With the prices on fuel, you would be a fool to go for an SUV right now.

Sen Sen
08-22-2005, 06:43 PM
http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/index.cfm/act/usedcarsearch/

With the prices on fuel, you would be a fool to go for an SUV right now.
Unless he needs it. If you can afford the lower fuel economy, go for it! I love my blazer even thought it cost's the extra $20 to fill it up! It's worth it for me.

BlazerLT
08-22-2005, 08:23 PM
No offense, but for college I would drive a beater so I wasn't cash strapped when the ladies what to go out for a night on the town and you can't because you need the gas money.

I've been there, it isn't fun.

dmbrisket 51
08-23-2005, 01:07 AM
less then a year till college? so sr. in high school right? well congrats on making it this far, but, take every thing you know about the world, school, and your budget, and throw it away after this year it dont mean jack anymore... you can no longer afford to put gas into a blazer, my truck sits quite a bit because of this, and i drive a 99 sable gs, because A. it gets GREAT gas mileage, and B. even though its a 4 door sadan, the ladies love it (not as much as the 88 firebird, but that sits a bit too, only makes it to the bar) dont get me wrong, i love my truck, and have a few buddies that love their blazers, but they are alwase bumen a ride because, even though the 4.3l is an awsome moter, it uses as much gas as a 350 small block because it has to work harder to get the same effort out of it...and not fast???? get a 4.3L they hall ass, get a newer one, 96 or newer, transmissions aint that big of a problem, the 700r4 had problems, but the newer (93 plus) 4l60e is a strong transmission, they are used in the automatic corvettes... and if you do decide to go with one, buy the one with the most options as you possibly can, leather, moon roof, power every thing, i bought base and did it all myselfe, while it was fun, it wasnt worth it, let the boys in detroit do it for ya...

Add your comment to this topic!