Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

school

hiduke89
08-22-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm still young but im tryin to figure out what im gonna do in the future. Im really intrested in working on cars. i already kno alot and in a year im joining the marines to be a mechanic in there but i kno nothing about electrical and military vechiles don't have much electrical but when i get out i plan on opening my own shop. is there anyy specfic plaace that i could go and learn about cars electrical system?

PBking82
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
If you become a mechanic in the marines you won't need to go to school to learn about electrical systems. If you don't do that, try any community college that has a mechanics course, or any one of the hundreds of auto-tech school across the country(assuming you're in the us). Any general automotive mechanics course will teach you about the electrical systems in cars. It will be basically specific to cars, because to learn about electricity in depth you need to either become an electrician or an electrical engineer. Peace-

GMMerlin
08-27-2005, 10:01 AM
With the way vehicles are being built today you have to be an electrical wizard to diagnose and repair a vehicle concern.
Most operating systems rely on module communication protocals such as CAN communication busses.
The military is a great way to get money for further education and to greatly improve your maturity. But I would not recommend it for teaching you about automotive technology.
Do your time in the military, save your money and then go to a technical school or a dealer based training program to get your automotive education.
All your automakers do offer some sort of training program or you could check out Wyotech or Lincoln tech.
If you would like info on the GM ASEP program, drop me a PM with your contact info and I will mail it to you

Add your comment to this topic!