Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'98 Blazer fuel pump problem

thelawgiver
08-21-2005, 10:56 PM
I have a '98 Chevy Blazer and it wouldn't start last week, so I replaced the fuel filter and it ran for three days. It was parked on an incline(fuel tank on bottom end). I took it out of gear so that it was level and it started. I filled the tank and the next day it wouldn't start. I replaced the fuel pump and it still will not start. I was told to recheck my connections so I did. I was told to check the pressure regulator and there was no pressure. I even went so far as to buy another fuel pump and hook it up outside of the fuel tank to try to hear it when I turned the key and heard or saw nothing. I have checked the fuses and relay in the fusebox and they seem to be good. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

chigger23
08-21-2005, 11:27 PM
I have a '98 Chevy Blazer and it wouldn't start last week, so I replaced the fuel filter and it ran for three days. It was parked on an incline(fuel tank on bottom end). I took it out of gear so that it was level and it started. I filled the tank and the next day it wouldn't start. I replaced the fuel pump and it still will not start. I was told to recheck my connections so I did. I was told to check the pressure regulator and there was no pressure. I even went so far as to buy another fuel pump and hook it up outside of the fuel tank to try to hear it when I turned the key and heard or saw nothing. I have checked the fuses and relay in the fusebox and they seem to be good. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

Hey dont take this the wrong way, but maybe the problem is your too cheap to take it to the dealer.

thelawgiver
08-22-2005, 12:18 AM

Yeah, those fuel pumps are real cheap at @350 :rolleyes: . What way am I supposed to take it when you make a smart-ellic comment?

BlazerLT
08-22-2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah, those fuel pumps are real cheap at @350 :rolleyes: . What way am I supposed to take it when you make a smart-ellic comment?

Don't worry, chigger is just a loser for posting that crap and if he keeps on doing it he will get kicked quickly off of these forums and IP banned.

Swap the relays and see if that works.

Other than that, you have a broken wire, or a bad ignition switch.

thelawgiver
08-22-2005, 12:23 AM
Don't worry, chigger is just a loser for posting that crap and if he keeps on doing it he will get kicked quickly off of these forums and IP banned.

Thank you. It must be a broken wire or ign. switch, I swapped the relay.

thelawgiver
08-22-2005, 12:24 AM

Is there more than one relay? If so, where?

BlazerLT
08-22-2005, 12:31 AM
You can usually swap in the AC relay to check.

Sounds like a wiring issue more than anything or your sending unit may be bad.

Add your comment to this topic!