Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 S10 Blazer Security Locks Quit Working.

Rick1488
08-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Hello,

I have a 96 S10 Blazer 2DR and the security locks quit working. I'm talking about the locks that engage when you put the truck in gear or start the truck (Can't remember which does it) and yesterday it quit working. The power locks still work if I hit the button. Does anyone know where I should begin on diagnosing the problem?

rlith
08-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Hello,

I have a 96 S10 Blazer 2DR and the security locks quit working. I'm talking about the locks that engage when you put the truck in gear or start the truck (Can't remember which does it) and yesterday it quit working. The power locks still work if I hit the button. Does anyone know where I should begin on diagnosing the problem?

I've actually never seen a blazer with that feature... I would start checking the shifter solenoid though.

Rick1488
08-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I've actually never seen a blazer with that feature... I would start checking the shifter solenoid though.

Your 100% right! I remember having a problem with an old alarm system engaging and killing the engine, so I had the unit removed. I took a look at the old alarm mess I had removed noticed it had a keyless entry system installed to, so the security locks I thought I had was the keyless entry shorting out along with the alarm. Ok I guess problem solved! :rofl:

rlith
08-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Your 100% right! I remember having a problem with an old alarm system engaging and killing the engine, so I had the unit removed. I took a look at the old alarm mess I had removed noticed it had a keyless entry system installed to, so the security locks I thought I had was the keyless entry shorting out along with the alarm. Ok I guess problem solved! :rofl:

Nice...LOL

Add your comment to this topic!