Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Sunfire Fuel Pump Reset

nebber
08-21-2005, 10:34 AM
My car stalled out on the highway going 80km/hr. It wouldnt start back up and it led me to believe that its something to do with the fuel pump. I have heard that there is a fuel pump reset button. Does anyone know where Exactly this is located? Any help would be appreciated.

ctesla
08-22-2005, 09:17 AM
nebber,
I do not think that your stalling issue has something to do with that.
Many Fords have fuel resets, if involved in an accident, it will trip, to stop fuel flow, and then, once reset will allow fuel to the engine.
some GMs rely on the oil pressure switch giving psi input, if a roll-over occurs, oil pressure=zero, engine shuts down.
if your sunfire does have a fuel reset switch, the most common areas are behind the passenger kick panel, below the glove box, and under the cover (on the inside of the vehicle)near where the fuel door and fill tube come through the exterior skin and drop down under the vehicle to the tank.
hope this helps,
but seriously, if she stalled while driving, I think it might be something else.
(spark, overheat, still could be fuel related; filter, regulator)

nebber
08-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks Ctesta, yea it stalled out after going 80km. Now it will not even start so thats why im thinking it would be fuel related. Im new to all this so im learning as I go. It has power and everything but just doesnt seem to get fuel. Fuel pumps easy to change? :)

Add your comment to this topic!